So another transfer has gone by. This transfer has brought some weird things too.... my companion is off to Maringá and my new companion.... well semi-new, Elder Anderson again that I trained. I will be staying here in my area which I am really happy about. There are some wonderful people we are going to baptize this week and I am super excited. Conference this next week especially gets me super excited for this week to pass by already. haha. I LOVE CONFERENCE!!!! Please don't miss any of them!
Anyways, a good week this week. We ended up baptizing on Saturday but there was a ton of confusion at the baptism with the bishop at that other church building. This lady yelled at me for not calling her about the baptism (never met the lady in my life) and then we baptized him. I was super excited to be there and you can just see a light radiating from the people that get baptized. It's one of the coolest things to see and such a change in people in that moment. It´s awesome.
Walking this week we had seen some pretty crazy things. One of these things... a flying dog. You ever seen a dog fly??? Yeah it was super sad. A car hit it right in front of us and he went flying. I felt so bad for the poor thing and a lady grabbed it from the road and threw it on the side of the road. Pretty sure it died, but not a 100 percent sure. My comp said right after, ´´seeing a dog die made me think how short this life is.´´ it made me giggle a little. haha. But super sad to see.
This week we were also walking when a popsicle man was driving by. This will just tell you how sensitive some people are to bad things here, or not... haha. Anyways, he was driving by and the words he said on the speaker thing was, ´´kids, kids, calling all kids! Get your popsicle here for only 1 real!´´ then they had music after that which was super funny.... came on with the music, ´´Beer! Beer! Gotta get a beer!'' It was super funny. I just got thinking.... poor kids! haha.
So thought of the week for you guys, when we were in gospel principles this week. We have an awesome teacher in that class and during the lesson when she was teaching, she started to talk about our thoughts. She compared it to a bird and I thought it was really clever. She said, ´´we can´t exactly choose if a bird is going to land on our head or not. It will land and then it will leave. But what we can chose is if it will make a nest on our head or not. With our thoughts, maybe the bad thought will cross our minds, But what we can choose to let it make its home there and stay, or to shew it away.´´ I thought it was a great example to have. It makes me think though, its super easy to have certain thoughts in our minds when no one is watching, but if we don't choose to shew it away, it will stay and Satan has more power over us.
I am excited for this next week. Conference and all! I wanna hear from everyone their favorite parts! Especially Connor! haha. I love you guys and take care!!!
Ate mais!
Elder Millett