So this week was an interesting one... First of all, we were still without money. We got money yesterday finally. I hope they won't forget about us this next money transfer too. It's frustrating not being able to use the bus and do the things you need to do to survive here just cuz you don't have money. Really frustrating. But one day this week, we went to lunch. We got there and started talking with the lady and she said she had lunch all ready for us. We got there and it was less than a plate of lasagna... for 4 people... She didn't have rice, beans, nothing else. I was thinking, what are we going to do elder... the closest bank is in the center of the city and we don't have any money to buy any more food. We appreciated what we had gotten, but we left lunch hungrier than EVER. We planned on leaving with one of the young men in our ward that is super awesome and we told him about what had happened. It is so great to have members who are here to help because he told his mom and she made us some food. Probably the simplest food ever, but as I was eating I have never felt so grateful for fried eggs, a little rice and some beans. They literally saved our lives. Emanoel has been leaving with us lots to teach these past few weeks and he, and his family, are always helping us. I think it would be really fun to do something nice for them. They are the family that lived in the states for a good time. If you have any fun ideas that I could do or maybe even you guys could (because they love Reese's peanut butter cups and haven't had one in so long). They just really care about us and I feel like I should do something to help them also.
We had my companions birthday this week... so boy did I eat a lot this weekend. We had Pizza, Churrascos and lots of other stuff. We even bought pizza on the night of his bday and we sang to him. We had our district on the phone and they all sang too. It was really funny. This week also we have a bunch of members that are going to do a special meal for him, strogonof (Brasil style which is a ton better. You tried it right???) which is also my favorite food too. It worked out really well. haha. But there will be lots of cake and everything. It will be a good week for meals! haha. We also ended the week finding a wonderful partial family. A mother and her daughter that have been through tons of rough times and wanted to know which church is really true. These people are blessings in the lives of missionaries. haha. We were walking down the street and I was dying of thirst when I just decided to knock on her door because I needed water. She came out smiling SUPER big and just is an awesome lady. She gave us water (I drank a whole liter of water haha) and we talked about the church and everything and planned a visit with her when her daughter was home. They loved the message and went to church that next day. They fit right in at church too! I know they will receive an answer soon that the church is the true church. Keep them in your prayers if you could! Eunice and Daniely. They rarely have time when they are both home too which is really difficult. But everything will work out!
Off for one more week of work! I love you all and am super excited to maybe receive some letters this Thursday when they get here!
Take care and
ate mais!
Elder Millett