| Watching conference |
| Dad looks a lot like Quentin L Cook and thought I would take a pic haha |
| Suzy gave us a ton of food at conference |
So this keyboard I am using sucks. And it doesn't even have a question mark that I can find on this dang thing... I hate these lan houses... haha. Anyways, first off, I really would like some ctr rings to give to some of the people we baptized last month. I think the two girls would love it. One is 7 and the other one is twelve, almost 13. I know she was commenting on it and I know would absolutely love that if you could maybe send one of those. Maple too! Tortillas I found here in the area! I got so happy. They are imported from Paraguay but are really good and not too spendy. I made breakfast burritos the other day and they were so freakin good. The best breakfast I think I have had in 1 year haha.
But this week was pretty chill...My comp got sick this week and had to go to the hospital that night. Me and Emanoel the whole time stayed in the waiting room waiting for him and it was really funny. We joked the entire time and it was good to just chat. Emanoel is a really good kid. Love him and I am glad you guys got to talk with him. Talk with some of his family too. Or just him. He sent me a text letting me know a little bit about the conversation. haha
But after the sick days, we got to work. Found some great people to teach and had some great experiences. First, the first time Elder Anderson went to Melissa's and Jevenals house, we got there and had a wonderful lesson. We then set the table and they always ALWAYS feed us (which her food is SUPER good) and we sat down and said a prayer. My comp started drinking and then said excuse me really loud and ran as fast as he could to the bathroom with everyone look and just hurled nonstop. It was funny their reactions, but I know my comp was really embarrassed. First impression.
We got to watch all the sessions except priesthood that I think we are going to get a copy of it and watch it later. I was happy cuz Emanoal the second day brought his tv and computer from home to watch it in English. Super glad that all worked out. I can understand everything in Portuguese but I just hate that it is not their voices. It was a wonderful conference and I loved all the talks. They had some pretty strong quotes. I remember one that I loved with all the changes with marriage and other laws in the states, one of the 70 said.... ´´just because a law of the land has changed doesn't mean that it's not a sin anymore. Gods law is more important than mans law.´´ I loved it. It's so sad to see all these changes here and I am glad to know that the church has such a firm stance on all this stuff, and is not afraid to say anything about the matter.
So we pulled a pretty funny joke at Emanoels house this week. Maybe he already told you but... We went there for lunch the other day with Elder Anderson being the first time he has met them. We got there and I told him, JUST SPEAK PORTUGUESE! haha. He didn't know that the whole family spoke English. We started eating and then we just talked with each other for a while. Emanoel did something that ´´made me mad´´ and I started talking bad about him in English with Elder Anderson. They then began to yell for their mom saying that Elder Millett is talking bad about us I think in English!!! My comp got a little nervous and then she asked me... what did you say Elder Millett!!! I told her that I called him a good person basically... They then asked my companion and he didn't say anything but was super nervous still. haha. His face was so funny. Then Emanoel and his brother said in English finally, I know what that word means. My comp then says ´´wow you speak really well in English!´´ His face was super funny and they said elder.... we are basically American. haha. I was dying and I got a good kick out of it. It was super hard to not talk in English the whole time there. haha. Gotta have a little fun on the mission. haha.
So it was really weird waking up Sunday morning not having any people to go get to take to church early. We left our house at 11:30 after eating and we went to the center to go watch conference. On our way there a very interesting thing happened. I got on the bus, realized a few others from the ward were there, said hi, then sat down. The bus stopped a ton of times on the way to the church building. One stop in particular had a man, his wife, and his daughter leaving their church. They left directly from the church and got on the bus. I sat there observing and saw they are having tons of problems. The man didn't even want to sit by his wife. The daughter was upset about something else. The wife sat two chairs behind and plenty of other things that I realized along with the anger engraven expressions they had. I was a little sad seeing it and thought to myself... how could someone leave´ with their family from church and be so upset! It's simple... something I can realize is that I have something that they do not. I have the restored gospel. I have everything. That family looked like they had money and the things of the world, but were lacking this very important thing. I am just so very grateful to have what I have and to be able to share it with everyone. Just seeing how sad that family was make me think what I WOULD have if i did not have the gospel in my life. Where would I be... They talked a lot about missionary work and I enjoyed every single one of them. Knowing that my mission is coming closer and closer to an end, I think of how I can finish helping tons of people, but also when I return home to continue striving to talk with people about the Book of Mormon and the restored gospel. All these things I wonder a lot. Especially with what you said in your letter mom... If I will continue studying the scriptures daily even when I return home. I get super nervous about all this stuff. But I am trying my best to make it a habit now, so when I am home, I can continue doing all this stuff and I invite you guys to do the same. Make habits, but more importantly, make good habits because the small decisions we make daily, those decisions change our eternal happiness.
Ate mais!
Com amor,
Elder Millett