Monday, 9 September 2013

Heyyyyy


Lots of stuff you guys did this week! Tons of stuff to do makes time fly by. I also had a ton of stuff to do this week, as always... haha. But anyways, Connors first week of high school?! That kid is already in high school? You sure it's the same brother that I left??? haha. He was so short and now he looks so freakin tall. Either way, I will still be able to beat him up. haha. Jk.

Long week, that looking back on it looks to be really short. Like I said 2 weeks ago, we got a new Ward Mission Leader called and he is WONDERFUL. He is a returned missionary and his wife also, so they help us out a ton. We are trying to change how things are going here in the ward and we had a very important meeting on Saturday to settle lots of stuff. It was really good. We are starting to do a bunch of trainings with the ward to help them better learn how they can be missionaries. It will be a great experience for the members to learn a little bit more and I always hope they talk to their friends about the church. We always can use the help. These trainings that we have been giving is helping a LOT with my public speaking. This week we went to another city to an activity that they had to help with the missionary work there. They had people coming to see the church and they don't have missionaries in Toledo. Anyways, we went there thinking we would just talk to the new people and eat and teach them. But what happened, we got there, and with 50 people that I had never met in my life, the president asked me, "Could you give a 15 minute talk on the plan of salvation?"  I was nervous, because 50 new people talking in front of them not being prepared at all, pulled it off somehow... haha. I was very happy though and I feel like it is really helping with my public speaking a lot. We are also trying to get missionaries to that city here soon. Maybe in 3 weeks!!!

This week there was also a death here in the ward. An older woman died of her old age that had only been a member for 3 months. She was baptized a few weeks before I got here by Elder Do Vale. It was a really cool story because her whole family, minus one kid, is a member of the church. Even her husband before he died was a member and all that. A really touching story really. We went to her service and they leave the body out for everyone to see. I think that is really strange but whatever... but a story from that. It was really cool to see the members that were there. No one was crying, those of that family. But who was crying a ton was those who were not members and you could see a pain they had for death. I just find that really comforting that we know there is more after this life and how we can achieve it. Bishop Taso gave a really good talk and he testified of the truthfulness of the Book Of Mormon and it was awesome.

We went out this week with Emanoel and his brother Edson Filho. We did a little training with them and had them do lots of contacts and stuff. They did awesome and helped us out a TON with our work. We got over 50 address´ that day which helped out a TON! The work is progressing a ton here, and things are getting better and better here every week. I was super happy to have received so many letters again and I just loved the package too! Emanoel said thank you for a shirt. He uses it all the time. haha. But I love you guys. Thank you so much for the letters!

Well gotta get going here! We are going to do our own Churrasco at our house with the missionaries. I will get to learn how to do it and will be able to do one for you guys!!!

Take care
Ate mais!
Elder Millett