Monday, 16 September 2013

Yayyyyyy

The rain storm is right over us, and a big bang just sounded from a super loud thunder storm that has been raining since 11 yesterday night. It's nice though because it was SUPER hot this week. Over a 100 F this week. It's just crazy how fast the weather can change here. Almost seems impossible what it does. But wow, what a week for me...

So first off, after Wednesday I just didn't feel very good with my stomach. I went the whole week super stressed out to which didn't help, but just felt like I wanted to throw up every single moment of everyday. I just sucked it up and we worked every day, every moment this week. It was good. Found lots of people to take to church, and lots of things we got done. But... Satan worked a lot this week. We marked the day of the baptism with Eunice and her daughter for this week and she was very excited. Came up to the last moment on Saturday night, 8 o clock when she said she doesn't think if its right for her. She said her brother was talking about how hard it would be for her to continue firm when she couldn't even stay firm in the church right next to her house. But, I know it's just something that will pass by, and we helped her understand why the church of Jesus Christ is different. It's crazy how Satan can work with just one tiny thing. We aren't giving up on her though. That's for sure. Saturday also, every one of the sisters Baptisms fell through. We had 6, just in our district, but all 6 of them fell through.... It was super sad. We had a really rough day that day, along with all the other people in our zone it seemed like. Just leaves more work for us this next week though. Gotta continue finding and baptizing. Sunday passed and we did pancakes with maple syrup for a family home evening, that I didn't eat because I wasn't feeling good. Got home, then couldn't stop throwing up... it was TERRIBLE! I got to bed early and slept really well. It was just annoying that I felt sick almost the entire week and finally threw up now. I still feel really sick but not sick enough to not write real quick to my family! haha. Never too sick.

So a funny story... actually a story that made me jump. haha. This week I was talking to one of the sisters seeing how her day was and was seated at my desk. I talked to the first companionship then to the next. I was looking at my pocket knife that I have and thought it was strange because in the case, there was 2 antennas that were wiggling out of it. I stood up to see what it was and it was a GIANT cockroach in  my knife case. It made me jump and I threw it on the ground and stomped it with my flip flops. haha. I hate those freakin things! I have so many stories with cockroaches now... I will have to bring one home as a present for someone ;) haha. jk.,

But I don't have much to say today because I am not feeling too well still. But, I hope all is well in the Millett home and miss you all a ton! Have a great week and enjoy a few good scones at the fair for me! And the elephant ears!

Ate Mais!'
Elder Millett

ps. yes, the bbq was just to enjoy our p-day. not to celebrate anything special. But it was super good! I will do one when I am home!