Monday, 23 September 2013

Heyyyy again!

Another week gone by and boy was it another crazy one. Life in Brasil just seems to be getting crazier and crazier every week. haha. But first off...

Went to the hospital on Monday night last week. I was REALLY bad when night came around and started throwing up again more and more. It wouldn't stop. So I got a ride and went there just to stay there until midnight. I got a few needles stuck in my arm and then felt a lot better leaving there but still wasn't 100%. But things started getting better. I didn't throw up after that but also I didn't feel too great. All the way til Thursday I felt HORRIBLE. haha. Life of a missionary. It just seems like there is never enough time to rest and to just feel better. It's tough. But I am all better now thank goodness! I hate hospitals too! Can't remember the last time I went there...

The week was pretty low-key with staying in the house on Tuesday (until the afternoon). I only stayed at home for a bit to rest and I just can't handle staying at home not working. It just kills me so we went out working at least for the afternoon part. We also got a lot of stuff done surprisingly too. We had 11 people at church this week and lots of success on Sunday. It was also stressful on Sunday with the way things went. We have been having lots of trouble in this area working with the bishop. It's just frustrating sometimes. Things will get better this week though.

Sunday night we had a fireside on the Book of Mormon, where we gave the training. It went really well too. We did a few activities and it turned out really well. They said they felt a spirit and I hope it helped at least someone. We are starting to do that giving a Book of Mormon away weekly, then another gives the responsibility to another member the next week. It will really help!

This week two really strange things happened...

1. We were walking along and out of nowhere, the whole entire street was covered in what looked to be dust, and it was headed directly at us. I didn't think much of it but as it got closer, it was a swarm of bees, thousand of bees actually. It was so random to see! We ran and I only got stung one time on my hand, and boy did it hurt. I was lucky though... that's for sure.

2. We entered into a store to buy a drink and something to eat when all of a sudden it started to rain really hard. It was 30 degrees cel and we didn't think nothing of it. Leaving though, we sat and ate under a covered area when we started to realize that it was hail falling the size of a quarter. It was super crazy and out of nowhere. Good thing we were under cover though or that would have SUCKED. haha.

All is well though. I am still happy and super happy to be feeling better. Yesterday with a really stressful day and really upset with everything that was happening got me asking that question... why am I here? Satan of course was trying but I got asking in my prayers at night about the problem with the bishop here and all. My answer was the following... Who are you serving, God? Or the Bishop? Its true though. Got thinking, am I serving God or some person? I gotta do them both at the same time, serving God by serving men. Super hard to explain and on top of that, my English is terrible now. haha. But so many lessons to be learned here on the mission!

I love you guys!
Take care and always do your best every day! Miss you guys like crazy!
Ate mais!
Elder Millett