Monday, 1 July 2013

Hey Mother!

Enjoying a Snickers bar before being stung by bee the size of his pinky



To start off, Brasil won the Fifa Cup last night. Everyone went crazy!! haha. But it was pretty cool knowing that they beat spain, a team that hasnt lost a single game in 3 years. That is pretty crazy I thought. But anyways, the World Cup should be pretty interesting to watch this next year. I will probably watch all of Brasils games when I get home. haha.

But anyways, this week was pretty relaxed. More rain but finally, we get a break from it.... today.... pday of all days. haha. The day I want rain, we dont have it. What luck. But this week we have been teaching a wonderful family. The lady has cancer in her hand, one of the weirdest things I have ever heard. She uses a glove always. She hates going to any type of church, but she let us in, and did her ´´homework´´ that we left her to pray about the stuff she heard from us. She prayed and the next time we got back she interuppted us when we were just having small talk and practically yelled, I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet! It was really cool. She couldnt go to church with us this week though because she had a few people that came to visit. It stunk. But its a family of 4 that I hopefully will get to see get baptized. I am excited. But transfers are this next week, so who knows if I will still be here or not.I really hope I am though. President left last night and a new president arrived today, so we will see if many people are transfered or what will happen. I wont get to meet the new pres until next week unfortunately. I will really miss pres Tavares and Sister Tavares. They were really great.

Mom you are travelling a ton! You need to stop traveling so much! haha. Its how my life feels too... at least one time a week I dont sleep in my own house. Its not fun. Especially not being able to shave or something before leaving home. But just enjoy the time you have there.

So a funny story from the week... that hurt a lot!

I was sitting enjoying my snickers bar (that they only have here in the FOz Region) taking a quick break from walking. I was just talking to my comp enjoying the sun that came out for a few seconds when all of a sudden my leg started to hurt REALLY BAD. I could not believe how bad it hurt and had no idea what happened. I thought, ´´ a bug must have bitten me´´ so I wacked at my leg to hit whatever bug that bit my off my leg. I couldnt believe I didnt see the dang thing. It was a bee as big as my pinky finger that had stung me! It was crawling on the ground away from us and I got up trying to kill it, but it flew away at the last second. I still have a mark from it (like a big bubble on my leg haha) even though it was Tuesday that it happened. Second time in my life (that I remember) getting stung by a bee. I hope to never get stung by a bee that size EVER AGAIN. haha. It doesnt feel too great...

This week got a lot of work again. We are going to Foz (went there on saturday) again this week for a Zone Meeting. I am not too excited about it but as everyone says here, só vai. (just go with it). Its one of the traits I am learning on the mission. Just go with that flow ya know?

I hope all is well in washington. I am getting all the rain from washington here. Its not too hot which is a nice change too. Enjoy the heat while its there though! I love you guys!

Ate mais
Elder Millett