Monday, 15 July 2013

Hey guys!

Me and my comp

On our way to Foz to meet the new Mission President...
had to get up at 4:00 in the morning to go.
I am already loving the area here. My companion is Elder Do Vale, who is from Maranh, up north. He is really chill and I really think he and I will get along pretty well. We have the same type of personality. 2 sisters and 3 brothers in his family. His mom and dad are separated having his mom being the only member of the 2. 2 of his brothers served missions also though. I am really excited for this transfer.

My new church building here is crazy... it's a House, but it's a MANSION! haha. There are 130 people that go every week here, which is really good. I am really happy that the ward is really strong and I have the BEST BISHOP that I have had on the mission. He is a great guy. He also has a daughter that looks exactly like Jordie Egbert. haha. But they are giving us lots of references and they help us with anything we need, all the way up to rides. Like yesterday, we went to lunch and my companion needed to go to the other side of the city for his Patriarchal blessing. I was so jealous he was getting his. I thought it was awesome and he loved it. Made me think about the experience that I had getting mine. Such a great experience. But anyways, we called and the member had 0 problems getting us a ride and took us there. They are just wonderful people here.

My district is a little different here also. I have only Sisters in my district. It's such a weird difference in how I have to take their numbers and accompany them. With elders I am straight forward and you gotta tell them that way or they don't understand. Sisters are a whole different story. President says it's a training for dating after the mission. haha. I thought it was funny. But it's a change I will have to get used to again. They are really great the sisters in my district and work really hard, so I don't have to worry too much about them.

I am just loving everything in my new area. The only complaint I have, is my area is HUGE! We walk a lot but it also gives us more areas we can work. It's a good trade off.

This morning we did a huge deep clean on the house. There was just dirt all over the walls and it was nasty. We took rags with water and started to clean, and now its spotless. I don't know how people can live like that. Its nasty. But I am super pleased now the fact that we have a clean house now. I will take a picture for you. It's also funny because to get into the shower you have to hop over the toilet. Its super tiny, but nothing to worry or complain about. haha.

Time is passing by super fast. Makes me wanna work harder though so it's all good. I don't feel home sick at all anymore for two reasons... One, I don't have tons of time left. And two, I don't remember practically ANYTHING about home anymore. haha. That's the crazy part. Thinking of that, I found a place in center here that has t-shirts for little kids. For example, one that says, "I love my Tio". Yeah in other words, Dantzels getting a present ;) haha. I was super excited to see that.

But all is well on the other side of the Equator. I love you guys lots and hope all is well for you guys!
Me and my comp enjoyed the pic of Connor, and as my companion says "model Connor" that you sent me in the snail mail with him next to the door. haha. He is TALL!

Love ya guys!
Ate mais!
Elder Millett

ps. I learned something that I feel like an idiot I finally learned... The word Equador (the country) means Equator. I never put 2 and 2 together.... haha.