| At the the party "festa junina" that we have every week, with Elder Goncalves and Elder Gutemberg. |
Anyways, this week we had a lot of letdowns, and a lot of highlights. First off, the 9 people marked firm going to church all fell through. This great family we are teaching had people visit at the last moment. I was super upset sunday morning seeing all these people fall through. It was really cold, raining, and 2 miles away and we still went. I just know I can stand before God in the last day and say I tried my best. Its just super sad to see people not want to go or satan win with a lame excuse. So it has been really cold this week. Its in the 40´s and its raining really hard always. Getting wet then walking in this cold gets you even more cold. Its nothing like the cold in the states, but the difference is getting out of the shower when its 40 degrees. The states we have insulation to keep the heat in... here they dont... so you freeze getting out of the shower! haha. But its been nice, I have been sleeping a lot better this week.
Interesting thing happened this week... I got a scare of the chicken pox! I was freaked out. I got a bunch of spots that started on my back and parts of my arms and they itched really bad. I was having a hard time walking and not scratching the whole day. I get checked though (after sister was really nervous for me) and talked with the doctor. Looks like I found something I am allergic too... Well sort of... Because I dont know what it is. haha. but it hurts like crazy now. I will see in due time hopefully. I am just glad that I didnt have pox.
So one thing I just looked at that pic of connor in front of the building and those pants are legit looking. haha. I gotta get me some of those... haha. Maybe I will find me some here to wear. I get bored wearing the SAME THING everyday practically. haha.
But message for the week. We learned about Personal Responsiblity and Work this week in gospel principles. We got talking about some things and the roles we play. First, I want to say thank you for teaching me so much, even though at times you didnt pull me aside and taught me, but were an example in front of me. I got realizing that a lot of people here on the mission dont even know how to make noodles and put sauce on top of it. Its really sad. But what I got realizing is all the stuff that you all taught me. Making food, checking the oil, simple stuff like painting, a lot of things. Thank you for being a wonderful example to me Mom and Dad. But with that, we got talking about simple things like saying our prayers, and being examples to our children and others. You guys always did family prayer with us and I am so grateful for that also, even though I complained most the time. haha. Someone then made a question, why do we pray before we eat? Everyone began to say, ´´to thank God for the food and bless it´´. It is a true fact that we do that, but another thing we do after, is we are feeding our body food, dont you think that this could be the same but for our spirit. We need to pray during these times to feed our spirit also. It was a very true statement I noticed. The longer I go in the day, the more I seem to forget about the more important things. Remembering to atleast say our prayers before meals will feed our spirit.
So I have decided what I would like to do sometime during the week when I get home. We dont need to go anywhere, just have those people come in and we can just have time around the house and go do things in the city. But one thing I would really like to do... Snowboard! haha. Please let me atleast do that. haha. I would really like that.
But you guys have a great week. I love you all so very much and hope the best. I think about you guys a lot, which I shouldnt so much! haha. Miss you all!
Take care and have a wonderful trip this week and next!
Ate mais!
Elder Millett