Monday, 8 July 2013

Looks like....

I am going to be transferred AGAIN! haha. I will be going to Cascavel, which means rattlesnake... haha. I will be going to Coqueiral and will be with another Brazilian. I really like being with Brazilians because I can practice more and more my Portuguese. It's always a good thing. I will be sad yet again to leave from here, but we will see what we can do.

So this week was a very challenging week. We had a lot of problems finding new investigators this week and it is not fun when we can't find investigators... The week drags on. I am happy I will get a new start in a new area now and I am thinking I will get excited again, at least a little bit more. haha. But anyways, this week, that family that is super awesome, one more problem as always. The Dad is starting to hate the church for no reason at all. We have no idea why and he will not tell us but it is super frustrating. We never understand why but there must be a purpose for it. This week I just wasn't excited to work, and wasn't really excited to do anything. I tried tried tried but just kept getting back to the same ending of being really unexcited... haha. I just kept thinking that nothing was going right (bad attitude) and that I felt like I wasn't being blessed for all the hard work... Frustrating. We sat down for a moment on Thursday night to just sit and talk for a minute and take a break when this kid 10 houses down started to just stare at us. It was strange. He ran back in the house and came out with his dad and his dad yelled ´´hey, come here!´´. We looked around and had no one else and pointed to ourselves saying ´´us?´´ haha. He said yes. My first thought was he wanted to argue with us or something... here we go... As we got closer he had two pieces of cake on a plate and told us, ´´my son said you guys looked a little tired, do you accept a piece of cake?´´ Yeah, I ate my words thinking of what I had been saying that I felt like no one in the city would ever listen or likes us... I was really happy and my mood changed completely. It was a big move. The guy was really awesome and make juice for us and offered to feed us. Very awesome guy. God does watch over us... no matter what...

Like Saturday night... A guy wanted to kill us I am pretty sure. We were talking with a family when all of a sudden this guy came out of nowhere and I shook his hand like I would anyone else, and he held on to my hand while saying, ´´let's talk´´ in a really low voice... Yeah it was something else. We sat down and he just talked and talked about how much he didn't like us, and every time he stood up, we tried to leave, but he wouldn't let us. Yeah, I would have just ran away, but he had a knife in his sheathe that made it a little more difficult. We waited it out and everything worked out in the end. But that guy was crazy...

Another crazy guy ran after us this week when we knocked on his door... haha. Just a week of crazies here. I think it's about time to get out of this area.

I got to get packing! I love you all and will let you know all about my new area when I get there. It should be a great experience there. I love you so much and I am getting more and more trunky the closer it gets. Especially with CJ going home and all that, it's crazy how fast time flies by.

I love you all!
Ate mais!

Elder Millett