Monday, 22 July 2013

Its snowing in brasil!


Do you believe it?! It's 0 degrees Celsius (everyone is dying of the cold air) and it snowed this morning. I got a really nice trunky feeling from it... haha. But anyways, I can't believe it. I am actually shocked: a place that gets up to 122 degrees hit 32 degrees, during the day of all the times! haha. It is a really good feeling to have the cold here, but terrible to write on the keyboard here because there is no such thing as a heater here!

So your questions... First, they have tons of mangos here. They love them here, but not used to cook much. They make really good deserts with them and Juice, but never food type stuff. haha.

This week was a pretty good week. I didn't sweat a SINGLE TIME! haha. It was cold the whole week and it is nice to walk in. I had to call the doctor this week because my upper body caught an infection on the skin that will be a good month before gone... It's a little annoying and itches like crazy but it's all good. I will get past it, all the itching and burning it does... haha. But anyways, this week I had some funny moments, because my companion is crazy funny. Love the guy! haha

So there is a family here that lived in Utah and Arizona that speak English perfectly. The other day was an activity and he was fishing (one of the little boys). The little magnet fishing thing. But he was going when another kid stuck his line over the others when it got tangled up really bad. He started yelling, in English, HELP ME! SOMEBODY HELP ME! I figured... I must be the only one that is understanding this right now, better help! haha. It was just super funny and hilarious to hear because everyone else was like, what the heck is he saying! haha

Gave pop rocks to a sister missionary in my district... yeah... it started to crackle and she started screaming and spit it out really fast. It was super funny because she had never seen it before and said she thought that it went bad already. haha. I got a good laugh out of it and so did everyone else. Wish I would have filmed it.

So Emily... remember when she got baptized and she gave the missionaries a hug? Yeah, that was nothing... haha. So it's a custom for women to give kisses to those who they respect, on the cheek. I was walking out of the church building to say bye to everyone and one of our investigators, not knowing that she couldn't, walked up and just gave me a kiss on the cheek. There was no time to react.... I felt so weird and super... who knows, like I sinned terribly. But it was funny cuz it made me think of Emily Bond. She has nothing to feel bad about! haha.

Fixed everything in our house this week. Even the shower head that smelled of electrical fire every time we took a shower. We put all the wires together and everything and went to turn on the power from the other room. We were both looking in the direction of the shower when we started counting down to turn on the power... 3...2...1... CLICK. The next thing we saw was a big ball of ´´fire´´  leave from the bathroom shower head. I laughed so hard because how funny it was, but in the end, the shower head worked perfectly! haha. You would be proud of me mom with all the cleaning that I have done in this house already! haha

I am very excited for this week because of the 9 people that went to church this week. I am super excited. Things just get better in this area and the members really treat us well. I am happy to be here and very happy it snowed! haha. We are teaching a family of 2 girls and her grandma, because her parents left them at birth. It's a sad story, but they remind me a ton of Michelle and Deanna, the way they argued. haha. They are progressing a lot and hope to help them get baptized this week. Keep them in your prayers please!

I love you guys a ton and hope all is well. I miss you guys, as always, and hope everyone is still writing lots of letters! I got 8 the other day and was very pleased :) Thank you a ton everyone!

Ate mais!
Elder Millett