Monday, 2 December 2013

This week...

Flew by! It was a great week though. I actually really enjoyed this week for a lot of reasons. We had success, lots of failure as normal. It's how every week goes. haha. But this week we had a special opportunity to hear from Presidente Claudinei Costa. He is an awesome guy. And when I say awesome, I mean AWESOME. He just has something about him that I just want. It's really awesome. He is the Brasil area president. So it was on Wednesday at night we had all the missionaries from every part of the mission come to Londrina and Apucarana to wait for the next day. You could imagine how crazy that probably was for us huh??? haha. We had 12 missionaries in our house, including Elder Gutemberg that says hello! He is going home in 2 weeks already! But anyways, we left at 5:30 in the morning to go downtown where the meeting was and waited for a good 2 hours. We had a meeting with all the leaders from Brasil then started the meeting with everyone. I learned a LOT of stuff that I wanted to share with you guys.

One of the topics of discussion was ´´what is the point of missionaries´´. I loved what he said. Normally the missionaries would say something like, to baptize them, or help them receive the gospel. He, on the other hand started telling and talking about how baptism wasn't the most important thing. But our purpose as missionaries is to help people ´´make covenants in the temple, which are the covenants most important that we can make.´´ The goal really is to help those people make it to the temple. Lots of people get baptized and never make it to the temple. That is the goal we have and have to imagine these people on how their life will be so much better and them so much happier with eternal marriage and a eternal family. It's the happiness we have and don't realize it sometimes. haha He also talked about our missions and talked about our mission as something we will use for the rest of our lives. On the mission we learn everything we need to make it through this life and do the things we need to do. He advised us to make goals and to make these goals become what we really are doing. I am now in the process of making lots of goals now. haha

Weird story... so the other night I just had a super weird night. Knowing that we sleep outside and all, I woke up a lot of times to motorcycles passing by (that are super loud) or just people yelling. It was just a horrible night of sleep. I woke up that morning dead tired, looked over to my right and there was a little snake all curled up. Scared the CRAP out of me! haha. But what I also saw was weird too... A cockroaches leg and also a Giant beetle, about the size of a computer mouse, attached to the bottom of my mattress. It was really weird... I just laugh (and Deanna will kill me...) because when I have these situations I think, what would Deanna have done??? hahahah.

My legs, unfortunately, are still hurting... But, I did have a really cool thing happen this week. It was a really cool thing that I got talking to one of the missionaries here in my house about. We walk and walk and walk... But I got thinking, there is almost no possible way that a normal person could walk as much as we do, and in this heat. It's the hardest thing I have ever done in my life everyday walking and walking even MORE. But walking the other day, I felt the desire to just stop and sit down for a bit, but we were late for an appointment. While I was walking, my body said to stop, but I just tried telling myself to continue forward. With a prayer to just give me the energy I needed, it was answered, really fast. I didn't feel more energy, I didn't have a boost of excitement, nothing like that. But I don't know if I can even put this in words correctly. I literally felt as if someone was pushing me along, helping me keep up the pace. I literally believe, that there are angels that push us along as missionaries, and also watching over us 24/7. It was the weirdest thing but I know He answers any need that we have, and mine for sure in that moment of need and weakness, mine was answered. I made it through that day, very tired and body just torn up, but still came home happy, and feeling accomplished. I am so very grateful I have this calling. I love this work, and know this is the true church. We learned this week from Pres Costa we can do anything with FAITH. We don't always look at faith as a big thing, but it can change everything.

I love you guys and hope all is well!
Ate mais!
Elder Millett