Monday, 16 December 2013

One More Transfer..

We made terere this week with a bunch of our investigators. 
Already has passed one more transfer. This time flies by when it comes to transfers. Looks like I will be staying here in this area to finish the mission up. I am glad to stay to not have to pack up AGAIN. haha. The worst thing a missionary has to do is to pack up and move to a new house. haha. but anyways, I will be staying here in Ouro Branco.

This week was a pretty rough one.. It's pretty tough the last week of the transfer. Don't know what it is but everyone gets super down with the work the last week. We had a baptism for this week super awesome that we had planned since last Sunday. He was super excited to get baptized and so were his parents. He is 22 years old and wanted to change his life and stop doing the things he was doing. He stopped drinking coffee and other drinks and was ready to get baptized. When we went to go get him for the interview we got there with everyone super depressed in the house... He has a girlfriend in another city who cheated on him and he got up and moved that day, the day of his baptism. I got super upset... Not a single baptism is easy here to have. Satan works more and more when we work more and more. It's crazy how he works too. Always tries these people in various ways. I had to remember how people are tried. Satan works because he knows what they are trying to do is against what he wants.

With the baptism falling through we helped the other elders in our area who had a possibility to baptize and taught him. He just decided out of nowhere he wanted to get baptized and told us about the experience he had had that week and the answer he received. No one... NO ONE here on the mission that I have taught has received the answer the same way. It's the coolest thing. Everyone has a different way to receive their answer depending on what God has in store for them and how they recognize it is up to them. It's really cool though. We also had to go to another city yesterday in the middle of sacrament meeting... It was really frustrating. Imagine how I was after church HUNGRY and annoyed... Yeah it only gets worse when I am tired too. We didn't get to eat until 4 o clock that afternoon. I got really sick too. Yeah wasn't too pleasant. haha.

When we were there yesterday it was really funny. We were riding in a super old car in the back. Imagine 4 missionaries in a car with horrible suspension... They have bumps everywhere here in Brasil and this bump in particular was really tall. We went over and the car, being so low, stopped like a teeter totter (don't know how to spell that) on top of the bump. It was super funny actually. We had to jump to let the wheel grab the ground so we could move. It was super funny.

I am looking forward to talking with you guys. I am thinking it will be about 5 o clock here. So about 11 there. Would that be okay with you guys? We have some other stuff we will be doing during the day I think. A family also wants to go and be able to meet you guys. I will just have to translate for you guys. haha. It is a really awesome family though.

I love you guys. Take care please!
This week will be better!

Ate mais!
Elder Millett