Monday, 23 December 2013

Feliz Natal para todos! (Merry Christmas to all!)


This week was a pretty great one. Another week passed by and as always, the difficulties came. haha. They always come... But anyways, I really enjoyed my week. First, this week we had an awesome conference here for Christmas. We got all the missionaries in Paraná just to have a little get together. Sister Genaro threw a huge party for us and even bought presents for us. I was so happy to see everyone one more time before heading out too. That will be the last time. It was really fun though.

So this week I had a few crazy and awesome things happen. Those 2 young boys that we baptized a few weeks back, they received the Aaronic priesthood and passed the sacrament. I have never seen a kid beaming as much as I saw those two, walking around giving the sacrament to everyone. They felt so important and are so excited to go to church now just so they can be a part of it. Even their mom (who goes every week still) was a little emotional seeing that.

I got to see two literally miracles this week. One saving my day and the other one probably saving my life. These experiences are really eye opening to me. Well the other day we had been asked to go to the bus station to receive the new missionaries. We visited a few people in our area and then went to our house to eat really quick. I haven't been feeling well recently which did not help at all. Never does... haha. We needed to be at the bus station at 2 and it takes at least an hour to get there most of the time. We left at 1 to grab a bus that was supposed to pass at 1:10 (that was on the city list). We got there and the bus flew right passed us right before we got to the stop. The next bus would have passed by at about 140 which wouldn't have given much time. But even waving at the guy, he didn't stop. There was one more stop and then there was one after 2 blocks below. We RAN after that bus. But it wasn't until I got on the bus that I realized why the guy didn't stop. I saw the purpose of why this guy didn't stop. The bus passed the stop that we were almost at, then at the next stop, a guy pulled out a gun and held up the guy in the front to give all the money the bus had. He then got off, and ran with the money and THEN the bus picked us up at the next stop. What would have happened with us if we were getting on in that very moment, paying. I can only imagine. We would have been the only people in the front part of the bus. All I know is that there was a purpose that the bus driver didn't even look at us waving him down.

The second thing that happened was Sunday morning. As always, we go out really early to look for people who are going to church with us. We headed out 7:15 and got to our area at about 8. We got there, knocked on the first door of a family of 3... They didn't want to go anymore. Said they had other plans and couldn't make it this week. The next family, no one answered. We knocked and knocked and no one came. We even went to other houses trying to get someone to come to church with us. NO ONE WANTED TO. I was super upset. In that moment, I was just feeling let down because I had been asking and asking for someone, anyone to go to church with us. I said a quick prayer and out of nowhere, a lady showed up that said she absolutely would never go to church because she doesn't like leaving that house. We were about 6 roads away from where her house is. We asked her where she was off to. She said, ´´church!´´ Super excited. My comp then asked, ´´what church? ,and then said another churches name being a smart allic. She said, no the church of Jesus Christ I am going to right now. Then my comp again..... ´´You don't even know where it is.´´ Then she said something that I wasn't expecting... ´´I woke up at 6 in the morning, to be ready by 7 just so I could find where you guys were to show me where this church is. I am going!´´ I am super happy that prayers are truly answered. Maybe it wasn't the 10 people we had planned on coming, but this one lady made my day.

God does look over us, and knows our desires and needs. I felt like that was what I needed in that exact moment to stay happy and to keep my faith that I was trying SO HARD to show. I am very grateful for that moment, and for these wonderful experiences I am able to witness here. The church is true, and every day, I know it more and more.

Ate mais
Elder Millett