Monday, 30 December 2013

Heyyyyy


So first off, Deanna is getting spoiled with a Nexus 7?! I can honestly say... I am jealous. haha. I am glad to hear that Christmas went all as planned. I had loved talking with you guys the other day and I had a pretty good Christmas week myself. Lots of great things happened and fun surprises. 

First your questions. I tried making the MT dew mix and it was really good. The elders here, especially Americans, loved it. haha. It had been forever since we have drank it. But it isn't the SAME as Mt dew, but really close I would say. I really enjoyed it and I would really enjoy some real Mt dew when I get home :) haha. 

I am super jealous of your guy´s Christmas. I miss the whole family aspect of Christmas and can't wait to have it again. I did have a really great surprise this week though as the best present I could have asked for. We worked the entire week. Every day we worked and it was frustrating that no one wanted to really answer the door or anything but at our Christmas party with Neia (boys mom we had baptized) we met a family of 4. It was her sister and we got talking to her about the gospel and taught her. We had no one even in mind to baptize this whole week and one that seemed like just the worst let down when that happens. But as the week went on, we got teaching this family and helping when they just yesterday, asked to be baptized with her 3 kids. I was super excited to be a part of that. Also on Saturday the lady that went to church hadn't drank coffee either, which we thought would be impossible for her, and she got baptized. What better present for Christmas then 5 baptisms. I was very happy last night going to bed thinking about the week that had just passed by. 

After I had talked to you guys and made fun of my mom a little bit for looking at me like I was a zoo animal (haha)  I went on a division with the elders in Centro. (the ones that you talked with in the office). A really cool experience happened there this week that I would like to share with you guys. We were walking on the roads, the day after Christmas looking for someone to teach. There was literally no one on the streets there. We were pretty frustrated too cuz it was pouring down rain and we just decided to keep on looking. We continued walking and as we were passing in front of a hair place a guy, about 22 yrs old, walked out and we began to talk to him as he was walking toward his house. We walked with him and he wanted us to stop by his house. We taught him and after when he said the prayer he said something that normally I don't realize or at least recognize often. He said the following... Thank you for sending Jesus Christ to my home today in this moment when I was most needed it. Right as he said that, me and the other elder were shocked. This guy had fully realized that we were representatives of Jesus Christ and saw us to be the literal Jesus Christ. Sometimes I even forget who I am a representative of. It was an honor to have someone recognize me as that and I need to remember all the time who I am representing here. Jesus Christ is still spreading his gospel to all those who need it.

Have a happy new year and make lots of goals to do better than the last year. I will be making my goals this week for how I want to change and what I would like to do ahead in my life. I love you guys!

Ate mais!
Elder Millett!