Monday, 25 November 2013

Jello Legs


Yeah the title of this email is exactly how my legs feel... I walked a TON this week and don't know how my legs are still working in all honesty. haha. But yesterday for real I was walking and almost fell on the ground and it was horrible. I feel weaker every week. haha. But all in all was a pretty chill week...

First, yes that was me that took some money out. I didn't know if my old card worked or not and REALLY needed money. I was super broke last week.

This week though, we got home at 9 the day before my birthday. I thought it was a little odd when someone knocked at our front door because we know like no one and normally the members don't ever stop by. There was a guy at the door with 12 pizzas. 12 PIZZAS! I was so stoked and hungry also. haha. This guy was an investigator that was taught a long time ago and owns a pizzeria. I was super happy and we ate pizza for a good 3 days... That was enough of a birthday present for me. haha.

For my birthday I sat on a bus the ENTIRE DAY. I had to go do a few interviews with Elder Ricks in another city. It took 6 hours (waiting for the busses and stuff cuz it was a holiday here, basically anti-racist day). But I didn't have any money and didn't know if my card still worked or not and stopped by the ATM and grabbed some money and was super happy to see it still worked. We celebrated by buying the best Juice you will ever drink! Its super good. I was happy with that and also had a bunch of people sing to me. Even one of my investigators called me wishing me a happy birthday when I didn't stop by. She got me a cake the next day. I consider her my mom here in the area. She said to me ´´don't let your mom get jealous, but I am your step mom until you are home!´´ haha. She is a super sweet lady.

We had 2 baptisms this week and it was great. We have been teaching them for 2 weeks only but they are an awesome family. The parents can't get baptized yet because they need to get married first but the kids got baptized. It was a great service and really funny too. The dad yesterday was really upset about something and in the middle of sac meeting he went to the bar and got drunk so it made for an interesting baptism later... haha. But I loved what one of the boys said... He told his mom when he was right next to us, ´´mom I want to be an Elder, would you let me be an Elder?´´ That just made my day. He is already going to start leaving with us to help us teach and everything and learn some stuff. It makes me happy knowing that through helping 1 person I will be helping hundreds of others in another part of the world.

It was a great week all in all and am super happy to be able to serve here in Londrina again. I am really enjoying it here! Got another busy week ahead of me. I love you guys and will talk to ya next week!

Ate mais!
Elder Millett