Monday, 6 January 2014

Hey Mom!


So sorry this letter is late. One, I wanted to play a joke on you that is semi true but didn't want to give you a heart attack. haha. I got in a car crash this week, and just got back from the hospital. Two truths, but don't worry, they have nothing to do with each other. haha. So first, the car crash. We were on the bus and I was sitting down with my back faced toward the middle of the bus, right next to Elder Doan. As we were sitting down just talking, we went to go through a stop light. There was a motorcycle riding really fast and I saw it coming. I think he thought he could pass by without the bus hitting him but boy was he wrong... he hit 2 yards away from where we were sitting. The sound was so loud, all the glass broke, and the guys head slammed right through the window. We all got off the bus then to  see what had happened with them. They were alive still luckily... but they slammed into the bus so hard. They were at least going 60mph when they hit but after we found out that they were drunk and that had caused the crash. We got lucky we didn't get hit in that moment because it was super close. All of us missionaries got off the bus fine without a scratch.

Then the hospital. Starting yesterday my chest started to hurt. Something was going on and it was hurting really bad. I did a bunch of exams and checkups and I am feeling a lot better and they pumped a lot of drugs into me with the I.V. All in all though I am feeling a lot better and am happy, but also lost a whole p-day... haha

This week was pretty simple yet again. We taught a lot of people and took some great people to church this week. We had our New Year's celebration with a family in our ward here. They are awesome people. I can also say that I made it to 2014 faster than you guys ;) haha. Our night was basically Pizza, Cake then until 3 in the morning there were fireworks blowing up every which way! haha. I didn't sleep that night. No one does in Brasil on New Years... Except the missionaries... haha. But it was a great night though.

I am really worn out today. I don't have pics for you guys this week cuz I left my camera at home because we haven't even had time to stop by the house yet. I promise I will send them all next week though.

But Happy New Year to everyone who is reading this! I am making lots of goals for this new year and hope that I can make them all into reality!

Ate mais!
Elder Millett