Monday, 11 November 2013

Not sure...

What is exactly going on with all the transfers here... We haven't received the emails to know if we are going or not, but Elder Demille (one that is going home tomorrow) told me I will be going to Londrina! It will be pretty cool to end the mission real close to where I started. I will be going to Ouro Branco it sounds like. Nice and close to the President. haha.

But I am pretty excited to have some changes here. It's been pretty tough these last few weeks and has been really discouraging... But it always gets better as things move. This week we ran around a lot. We had missed a bus that we really needed to take and ended up walking 7 miles (about) to a house that we received the reference from the church. Ref´s from the church are 24 hours and you have to contact it as quick as possible. We walked and walked and WALKED and I was dying from the heat. When we got there, no one was home... Yeah even more discouraging. haha. We talked with a few people on the way too to make the trip a little bit easier also. That was a highlight of my Saturday... haha.

But anyways, this week... We taught quite a few people this week. We got to know a lot of people but no one really wanted anything with anything. The people accepted us pretty well but in the end didn't want anything. I even told my comp during the day, ´´Woah, this has been the first day in a long time that no one has rejected us rudely, but politely instead´´. haha. It made me laugh. It normally doesn't happen that way. Normally the people want to argue with us or tell us how stupid we are for believing in the stuff we believe... haha. It made me really grateful.

Last night we went to Uderleis house to learn how to make a Macaroni soup. Yeah you guys will love it. I will try and do it as well as he did it, but seriously the BEST I have ever eaten in my life, no joke. I love that family seriously and am so glad I got to meet them and teach them. Stake conf is in 2 weeks here that I will not be able to see sadly, but he will be receiving the Melchizedek Priesthood. It makes me so excited. I just feel that if even a few of the people that I have baptized stay firm and receive the further ordinances, I will be very happy and feel like these 2 years were all worth it.

Every week is a testimony builder for me with little things. I even today got reading my journal entries from a year ago and wow... I have changed a TON. I didn't realize until I got reading those entries in my journal. It is crazy, but at least I can see now that the mission really has changed me.

Gotta get going though. I got to pack and tomorrow early in the morning I will be off traveling!

I love you guys!

Ate mais!
Elder Millett