Monday, 18 November 2013

Another week!

Excited about the rain...not!
So first of all you are going to kill me... I forgot my camera at home today and won't have pictures for ya this week... SORRY! haha. But anyways, I am in my new area here and am liking it a lot. I am in my first area right now (Centro Civico) using the LAN house because our area doesn't have computers... Super annoying. haha. But the area here is a really big area. My comp is Elder Espinoza from Rio de Janeiro. He is a really chill guy and we work really well together it seems like. I am going to like it here. We live in a HUGE HOUSE too. It's got 4 bathrooms, 5 rooms, a huge kitchen and a huge area out in front of the house. We actually sleep out front of the house because it is a lot cooler outside. It's REALLY getting hot here and I am super glad to not have to use a backpack anymore. I am just carrying around a scripture bag now. So much better.

Got to know the members here and the area pretty well. Me and my comp are both new here, so it's not super easy to know where the members live or anything. Super tough. I traveled for 8 hours until I got into Londrina at 10 o clock on Tuesday night. I hate the bus... I am ready to get out of the habit of taking the bus everywhere... lol. I miss taking my car to where I need to go... But after that we just got working and we worked a ton. We work on the side of a MOUNTAIN! I am not kidding... It is super steep the hill. I will be super ´´buff´´ getting home now. haha.

Funny story this week. We were in the sisters area here helping them for a bit and as we were waiting we decided to do some contacts with people on the street. There is a big avenue near where we were and you are able to see it about 100 feet in front of us. As we were there doing contacts a car came whizzing by passing us. A lady yelled out of her car... ´´Mormons!!! We love you!!!´´. It made me laugh really hard actually and it was okay until the lady blew us a kiss. I am going to be super awkward getting home with girls. Now I see why the elders are always super awkward... haha

We also this Sunday got woken up to the rain soaking us at 6 o clock. We sleep outside and it didn't really work out to stay cuz the rain was coming down really hard. We got up and the day started. I HATE Sundays here on the mission. I will be completely honest. Walking in the morning without much energy having to wake up investigators to go to church. We started our journey to our area with it POURING DOWN RAIN! My umbrella broke and so did my comps, but we just went. It was good. I got soaked from head to toe for 50 minutes walking in the rain. The whole time I was thinking, ´´I would never do this if I wasn't on the mission.´´ We got there, soaking wet to pick up the family we had marked with and to my surprise everyone was already ready. The mom looked at us and said she was a little hesitant in going but saw us soaking wet and said ´´now I know this is really important for you guys to have walked in the rain just to come get us. Let's go guys!´´ Wow that really made my day. I really wouldn't do a lot of things that I do unless I was on the mission. It's crazy. But really what we have means a lot to me and means even more to me being able to share it with lots of people.

Another week passed and doesn't even feel like my birthday is this week. These weeks are passing by super fast and I can't believe it. I love you guys though and thank you so much for all the birthday mail! Don't worry about the package mom. It will get here and I will be happy whenever it gets here.

Take care!
Ate mais!
Elder Millett