Monday, 28 October 2013

Hellllooooo!



Yep, so today is 100 more days then I will be home. Thanks for getting me trunky mom... haha. jk. It's fun to have something to look forward to. This week had lots of ups and downs, but mostly ups this week which was great.

So Tuesday to start off my week, I got my ´´trunky phone call´´. They call and ask you which airport you would like to land at. I told them I wanted to see New York so I hope that isn't a problem. I will be home a week after my release date.... Haha jk. I just wanna see what mom would say to that. haha. But I told him Seattle and this week here I will be receiving my ticket and everything already purchased. Super crazy.... It left me thinking about home that entire day. I got super crazy that day. lol.

That day was REALLY HOT. Normally its hot during the day then it's all good at night. But it got super humid this last week and I tried to sleep. Let's just say I woke up in a pool of sweat because I sweated so much. I drank about 2 liters of water that night and didn't sleep at all. My comp was up the entire night too. It just was super hard to sleep and I hated it... I had a fan turned on pointed at me and everything. Let's see if I will be able to make it through this summer here. YIKES it gets hot here.

So knowing that I don't have much time, and my companion wants to lose weight, we started working out. It's been a good year since the last time I ran. I was super sore after that. I have been trying to be as diligent as possible this week in working out lots and keeping my comp motivated also. Super tough when he doesn't even want to get out of his bed... It's all good though. I plan on coming back home being able to play a sport and not COMPLETELY die... ya know?

Rudinei and Kamyla got baptized this week!!!! I was SUPER STUNNED with what had happened this week. I prayed and prayed for their baptism to be this week but he hadn't received an answer yet. But we went there the other night to make maple for them (which they loved) and while Emanoel was finishing up the pancakes, we finished up by teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ to them. We taught the whole thing, my comp bore his testimony, then I did too. I started to ask him about how his questioning about the Book of Mormon was going and everything and he said the following...

´´I have been reading the Book of Mormon a lot, and the other day I locked myself in my room, alone, to have a serious talk with God to know if these things are true. I asked for him to bless me in my life, my family, work and all the other things (he) has going on.´´ He continued by saying the following which made my heart just sink as he was joking with us... ´´I got fired today. I have been working at my job for 13 years and never anything had happened before. My boss was basically joking with me when he fired me but called me into his office to talk. I got a HUGE raise, and a promotion. While talking with my boss I knew it was the lord blessing me and knew that this Church, was the true church and this is where he wanted me to be.´´

I was SPEECHLESS... He opened up super easily and he recognized that it was a blessing in his life that was from God. 13 years and never received any recognition for nothing or a raise, then out of nowhere he got a huge promotion. This strengthened my testimony one more time. He then accepted the date for this Sunday, which moved to Saturday night and got baptized. The next day, we had a huge surprise for us. There is a family in our ward that the whole family goes, except the dad of the family. Rudinei is a friend of his for a long time. When he heard that Rudinei got baptized he woke up that morning, and in the first time in years, went to church. Rudinei went wearing a white shirt and tie. Everyone was talking about them and super happy to have one more family in the ward that were just such great people. We also had the highest number of people at church this last week than ever. It was just a great meeting all in all.

They received the holy ghost yesterday and the bishop did it, with me and my comp helping. In that moment when the bishop was giving the blessing, it was an experience that I will never forget. He put his hands on her head and began that prayer. The moment he got to saying stuff about the temple, and then stopped for a moment. He began to cry, along with me and my comp because we felt something completely different in that moment that I can't even begin to explain to you guys. But it is my testimony that something else was there in that room with us. We all felt it in that moment, and it is a feeling that I will never forget. All I have to say about it is, this is the true church.

I love you all!
Ate mais!
Elder Millett