Monday, 14 October 2013

Thanks mom...

Fun to be remembered by your missionary!

haha. I speak horribly in English now. I do have an accent but it's all good. Just a little bit of time at home and it will be gone. I will have to speak Portuguese with you guys this time because I have learned a lot better now even. Its good not having to stress out with the language too much anymore... haha. I heard you asked Emanoel how I was speaking too.... haha. Don't trust me?! lol. jk. But I am glad you liked your video. I had gotten to Emanoels house to have him leave with us when we thought ´´let's do something for my mom!´´ haha. Elder Demille was there too with us and it was fun having an all American day. We practically only spoke in English that day.

So my companion... well me and Elder Anderson were doing alright but it was really weird, 6 o clock on Pday we got a call from the prez saying ´´Elder Anderson! You will be going to Marília tomorrow! Pack your bags!´´ It was nothing that happened and I was a little shocked... He was sad to go. But he left, and late that night my companion got there. He was on the bus for 15 hours that day and it must have been horrible traveling, alone too. It was a very different feeling he said. But my new companion is Elder Presa. He is a great guy. I think Emanoel doesn't like him just cuz he doesn't know him yet. But he is from Argentina and speaks Portuguese with a really strong accent from his Spanish. He speaks REALLY FAST also. haha. Everyone in his family are members and they seem like great people. I am also really excited because I will get to practice my Spanish now. It's fun trying to learn a new language now... again...

I had an alright week. Tuesday I was just really upset and I didn't know why. I just had one of those days ya know? But after that, that feeling went away and I just got working without any problems. It's tough having a new comp in a new area because I have to teach everything to him. Names of the members, where houses are, and investigators and everything. He is learning really fast though.

We also have been teaching 4 families. They had all marked to go to church with us... then the day came and NONE of them went. It's so frustrating to try and get these people to church. We had a few people there and it was unplanned but all in all, I am happy that Sunday ended really quick. Very stressful when people don't go.

We had a good drunk guy story this week... He followed us everywhere until we finally escaped when he entered into a store to say hi to his friends. haha. But he wanted us to teach him so I left a pamphlet with him and we were off. He got talking about how he was going to throw himself in front of a car just to make money and say it was the drivers fault. Its super sad to see these kinds of people and they really need all the help they can get. Seemed like he studied all the laws the way he got talking too. haha. Crazy people...

Really not too much happened this week. I am alive still but VERY worn out. All this time working with no breaks really tears me apart. Walking feels like the only thing we do sometimes. haha. But still happy as always, and won't get discouraged. Got lots of work to do here! Miss you guys like crazy!

Take care!
Ate mais!
Elder Millett