Monday, 21 October 2013

Hey world!

Picture of the missionaries here in Foz and Cascavel

Me and my comp from Argentina.
This week... FLEW BY!!! haha. it was an okay week and I am just happy to have a day to rest. Being super tired 24/7 isn't super fun all the time at least. haha. But wow, those pictures of Connor and Dallen. They look super different and it is super weird seeing the house super different too. haha. I will be super weirded out going home I bet. It looks really nice though!

So first off, the things that I need...
I would really like body powder. Gold bond is a must! Don't know if I will make it through one more summer here without it. haha. I am in dire need.  Socks, shoes, pants, shirts NO NEED more. I have plenty now. Everything on clothes is AOK.  I really think whatever you send me I will survive with it. Any fun things you want to put in the box I will be happy.

This week started out great. After our pday we went to Foz do Iguaçu again for our meeting with the Prez. It was really a good meeting and that man is really inspired. Mission presidents really know what we need to hear and it is really crazy. I heard a lot of stuff that I really needed to hear and to be more and more excited about the work. We left at 4 in the morning and didn't get home til 10 o clock that night. It was fun though being in the van getting some time to sleep too. It is always good to sleep a little...  We came home and like always, there were tons of cockroaches. We knew it was time to do something about that. We cleaned the house really well and we sprayed everywhere in that house. We left and came home to over 50 dead cockroaches. Gotta love Brasil. haha. It was super funny. They would run and then flip over on their backs dead after 2 minutes. Very interesting too. We don't have any more ´´baratas´´ in our house anymore :) haha. It's a good feeling now.

So the bishop here is really happy with us. We have been working a lot better recently with him and he has been a lot happier with the work we are doing. Our goal, baptizing men to have more priesthood holders here in the ward. We are still working with these 3 families but something just doesn't let one of them go to church. Every week something comes up. It's really tough to get to church every week and people don't show up. Really frustrating... But nothing that we can do. A family went this week and they loved everything about the meeting. They are a young couple that are looking for a church and haven't found THE church he says. I know that will change. Keep them in your prayers if you could. They gospel will really bless their lives and they are really needing it.

This week, had a crazy different lesson that we taught. We taught a man, that was atheist. Normally when we teach people who don't believe in God they don't want to hear anything we have to say. But this man wanted to know for himself if He existed. It was really hard to teach... It got me thinking a lot. He is a very intelligent guy and is part of the Mason group here. He put out some very good points saying why he doesn't believe but we just began to talk. My comp didn't talk too much and left me to say everything. I got to the point where I literally had nothing to say but to bare my testimony. I think that has got to be one of the strongest testimony builders that I have ever had and the time where I most dug down to know exactly what I needed to say and how to say it. God lives because I have felt it. Everyone has felt it but maybe we forget sometimes. We need to always remember these truths that the Lord has given us. Remember Him all the time, and not only when you most need him. Through prayer and scripture study I know that we can KNOW the things we need to. I honestly almost felt like an idiot talking with this guy who has studied a ton and is very wealthy, but when I bore my testimony, he changed immediately. Bare your testimony always, and don't every forget you have one.

Take care and until this next week!
Ate mais!
Elder Millett

I will have to plan something this next week! Pizza is a must, but gotta do something else! Time is super short! 100 more days makes me nervous!