Monday, 10 June 2013

Another week...

(Charles & I visited a Brazilian Grill so we could have an idea of some of the foods
Cameron is eating.  At Tucanos in Provo, Utah. --Melinda)
So the Churrascaria doesn't look exactly the same... but it looks good still! The stroganoff here is SOOOO GOOD. I learned how to make it too and it's so simple. I will be sure to show you that for sure. First off, a week of craziness again. Let's get down to the week... stories..

First, we lost a whole day in Foz. We have to travel for zone conf and it was crappy... We got there just fine, waking up at 450 and getting there around 8. It is just a lot of waiting which stinks. We had zone meeting then went to lunch and ´´the chefe´´. 5 bucks and you eat buffet with natural juice. It's wonderful. They have pineapple juice, but yeah, i am allergic to it. I drink lots of it anyways... haha. But after lunch, went to the bus station and just barely missed our bus, because there were 3 openings, and we needed 4 obviously... so we waited for the next one. We got the 230 bus and then went on our way. Near Medianeiras there is a place where the police stop certain buses and cars to do searches. Recently it has been bad. We stopped for 2 hours there... it was great... A bunch of people had illegal stuff on the bus. Not only that, but tons of people that we saw on the bus were hiding things and all that. People transport drugs and guns into Brasil from Paraguay. So we waited. Didn't get home til 6 and walked around with all the stuff I had got from zone meeting for our house, the entire day. I was sore at the end of the day...

We found a legit group of people this week. We knocked on a door, and it was a group of 8 tall black guys who looked very intimidating... haha. But they are from Hati. They came in illegally from the country but in the end, got permission to stay in the country. Hati after the disaster they came here to have a better life and send money to their families. It's really cool their story and 3 of them went to church. They are really great people and loved church. You should have seen the members faces... haha. Only 1 of them speak Portuguese fluently, the others speak only French and another form of French. It's really cool. They speak REALLY FAST. haha. I will have to get a picture with them this week. 

We also had 3 big letdowns this week... One, we had 16 people planned to go to church! 16!!!! And only three went... huge letdown. Also with that, we had our investigator from last week move to another city, right before she could be baptized. It was super sad, and she was very sad too. They wanted her out of the house by Thursday, so she went... Another was with Bia and Dirley. We have been teaching them for the longest time and they are great people. They always had questions but she just couldn't accept the Book of Mormon. It was a really sad moment when she told us that she will never go back to church again but is always welcome... Super heartbreaking. Literally the biggest depressing feeling I have ever felt in my LIFE. I was just really sad... 

The mission is the most depressed and happiest I have ever felt in my life. It's the weirdest feeling to have both them in the same time... Really hard to explain. I am loving life here though and wouldn't trade these 2 years for nothing, even though I long to be with my family again soon. haha. I haven't taken many pictures recently and I don't know why. But I will be sure to take some pictures here soon!

I love you all!
Take care and... Ate Mais!
Elder Millett