Tuesday, 18 June 2013

So as you know...


The email was delayed because we were here with president. It was a super sad beginning of the week seeing President Tavares give his last testimony, along with Sister Tavares. They are such great people and I will miss them a lot. I really appreciate all that they did for me, and I literally think of them like my parents here. So all the missionaries went to the Falls except me and Elder Guison. He had already gone and I went too, and it costs about 22 bucks so we went instead to the Bird Park, which was awesome. I got to see every kind of bird that exists here in Brasil, along with others. I really enjoyed it there. We took lots of pictures and some videos, especially for Deanna because I know her fear of birds. haha. We got to go into the cage with all the big birds that are HUGE really. Parrots are not small at all. I always thought they were smaller but they really are not. They are about 2 feet tall if you believe it. It was fun to get to hold one too. But the cage we went into the birds seemed to love to joke around with the people and fly really close to your head. Literally they graze over your head you can feel it on your hair that they literally touch you. I just knew how much Deanna would have been freaking out. haha. We also met some people from Washington which was pretty cool too. It was a really good way to start the week, but poor yet again traveling to Foz.

This week was a good week, for the most part. We found out our best investigator has some problems that we need to really help him with... Very interesting problems. I will tell you all about it someday. It has a lot to do with like witchcraft stuff... interesting eh?  But this week went pretty well. We found some new families to teach which will be great and are still battling the rain. Rain is a terrible thing on the mission. It is currently raining as we speak... haha. I still love rain though. I had a really cool experience that I would like to share with you all.

So when we, priesthood holders, pass the sacrament, we do a lot more than I thought. I really gave little meaning to the sacrament before the mission. This week, like many, I had the chance to pass the sacrament. I began passing as normal when I realized something. First off, the sacrament is to not only clean us from our sins we repented of, but to also RE MAKE our convents we made with our Heavenly Father. I was passing and seeing all these members partake of the sacrament and thought to myself how great it is to see so many people renewing their covenants with God. We are with such a small group of saints in the world if you look at it. 7 billion people in the world, with not even 15 million saints. It's just such a great feeling seeing these wonderful people renewing the most important thing we can weekly, and being able to be a part of that. I just want to remind you all how important the sacrament is and how we should NEVER forget that.

I am very saddened to hear that Uncle Howard passed away. Send them the best and always remember he is in a better place. I like what Joseph Smith said one time. He was privileged to see the lowest glory in the kingdom of God. He said that he was tempted to take his life in that moment because the feeling he got from even the LOWEST kingdom was million times better then earth. Imagine what it's like in the Celestial Kingdom. It goes way beyond what we could ever imagine.

I got my package today and was super excited with all I got in it. I am super spoiled! I hope you know how thankful I am for all the love you guys show me more than 10,000 miles away. Letters and Packages, I love! Thank you very much!

Have a wonderful week and remember how much I love you all!

Ate Mais!
Elder Millett