Monday, 27 May 2013

Yep...

No water today in the WHOLE ENTIRE CITY! haha. Its crazy how many people have been complaining today. No one in the city has taken a shower today and its pretty noticeable... haha. But it's all good. So my companion is going to Bauru, and Elder Finati is going to Londrina. So it looks like I will be getting a new companion tomorrow or the next day. haha. Anyways, this week went okay... first... Maria got baptized and I was very excited about that. She got baptized Tuesday like she promised which made me a little less stressed and all. haha. We baptized her and the others in our area baptized another 18 year old who is for sure going to serve a mission. It's so much fun being able to do entrevistas, [interviews] because I learn a lot more then they probably do. Their stories, and all the other stuff they went through to be baptized is a testimony strengthener. Him especially, he had a great story.

So this week had lots of fog. Not just in the morning, but literally the WHOLE day. It didn't get too cold but didn't get warm either. Literally PERFECT. haha. The Brazilians didn't like it too much though... haha. Elder Gutemberg is always freezing cold. But anyways, this week we worked really hard, and nothing came from it I feel like. We did get Ronaldos family to church which was really cool. They just need to get married first and then we can talk more about baptizing her and him. They loved it a LOT. I really enjoyed it also. But another one of those weeks, where really nothing happened that was super amazing.

Looks like this week we will be getting the H1N1 virus shot because there was another outbreak of it. We always have to get it because of the fact we talk to so many people and shake so many people's hands. Protection to us, and protection to them also. I really don't mind getting shots though, so it's all good with me.

Sunday was a really cool day. They had their baptism on Sunday during the afternoon. We first had a Churrasco that was amazingly yummy! haha. I love churrasco. I will for sure have to do one for you all. It's pretty easy, but a lot better then American BBQs. That is a for sure. But we then after went to the baptism and prepared a special musical number. It was Come Thou Fount and also the Joseph Smiths First prayer in Portuguese. It was a really cool idea the member had. We filmed it after and I will have to show it to you all after the mission. The member played the guitar for it even. You guys will enjoy it.

But this week like I said, was really nothing special. I will tell you all about my new comp when he gets here and all will be more exciting this next week. I promise. haha. I love you all and am always so very grateful for the letters, emails, prayers and all the other support. Take care and always remember that I love you all!

Ate Mais
Elder Millett