Monday, 13 May 2013

Long time no see!

Had a great Mother's Day Hangout with Elder Millett!


Baptism Day

Haha. It was wonderful yesterday getting to talk to everyone. Everyone looks great and I was even more excited to see Dantzel as always. haha. Jk Everyone for sure! Keep up the work with Dantzel and tio! She should be speaking that fluently by the time I am home! haha.

Anyways, the week was pretty lo-key. I really enjoyed the entire week and everything went pretty well. We had divisions that I did with Elder Carrell, which was really fun. I love that guy. We found a really awesome family on the division then all of a sudden at the end, the lady said she already went to church and hated it because the fact everyone dressed so well... A little ridiculous but very sad that she would trade her salvation for clothes basically... Weird. Anyways, we ended up bringing 3 awesome people to church this week who all have the possibility to be baptized this next week. Maria one in particular is the mom of a boy who was baptized a long time back who loves the church and has a strong desire to change and be baptized. I am really excited for her. She is a great lady. Other than that, we baptized this week! It was great. Ronaldo's brother got baptized (Mateus) and I was so happy. The best feeling on the mission is baptizing in all honesty. It's just a good feeling to see what we HELPED with. We don't do these things alone, and I know that for a fact. We have angels with us always.

One thing I really got looking at this week that really changed a lot was the part of people CHANGING. I loved something that Elder Carrell said the other day to me that we as missionaries have changed a lot, and we should always have the desire to never change BACK to what we were before. Its true with everyone though. As we strive to better our lives and look back on the bad things we left, we should never get back up and accept those things into our lives again. Being a better person means that we have CHANGED. In Helaman it says ´´and unto repentance, which faith and repentance bringeth a change of heart unto them´´

It's a true change and not just a fake ´´just for now I will change´´ type of a thought process. I thought to myself, I am on the mission now, but have I really changed for the better all that much? I really hope to be a better person and to be able to make a difference in someone's life at home also, because the mission doesn't just end the day I go home, but it is a lifetime mission we have as members of the church.

I am really grateful for you, my family, and for all those who support what I am doing here. I love this work. I love this gospel. I love my savior. I know he lives and loves us. This is the gospel of Christ on the earth today, and I know that for sure, because of things I have felt and seen here.

Always be happy and strive to change for the better, not just for now, but forever. Forever being a better person and thinking more about others and less about yourself, or anything else you think you need to change.

I love you all! Thank you for everything.

Smile always!

Ate mais!
Elder Millett
My trainer is going home!