Yep... I can't stay in an area for more than 2 transfers apparently... I am just extremely sad right now because of how much I just love the people here in the city. I will be going to the opposite side of the mission here, right next to Paraguay. I am pretty excited though because maybe that will give me the chance to visit the falls, that are bigger than Niagara falls! But anyways, I am still excited to get transferred to my next area here. I am, but then I am not at the same time.
First your questions... Actually I am not sure what my mission president did for a living before the mission but they have 2 kids, one being on a mission right now. They had a 3rd kid but he passed away right after the birth, really sad. They are from Curitiba. Basically the thing you need to know, is he is AWESOME. haha. That's basically it.
This week was really great yet very heartbreaking too. It was really upsetting to see some of our investigators do some of the things they did. Well first.... This one lady,... We started teaching her this last week and she seemed GREAT! I was so excited because we came back after our first visit and she said she had received an answer to knowing if Joseph Smith was a prophet of god. She said she had a dream where she saw a man in white and he said that the church of Jesus Christ is the only true church on the earth, and that she needed to be baptized in it. We were SUPER excited. We kept teaching and invited her to baptism then found out that she didn't want to leave her church. We tried in EVERY WAY POSSIBLE to help that lady, bearing testimony and EVERYTHING. I couldn't believe that it was happening like this... I was really getting frustrated that a person could receive such an answer like that and still deny it! I couldn't believe it... It was ironic too because just that morning I was studying about Our search for happiness where M Russell Ballard was meeting with 45 leaders of other churches to answer questions and sure enough, one of the men asked, why don't you just show us the plates of gold and we will all believe. Ballard responded by saying even with that, they still couldn't believe because they wouldn't have a divine testimony knowing the church was true, through the burning testimony we can have asking our father in heaven. It didn't make sense at the time until I saw what happened with that lady. She saw, and still doesn't believe. Really heartbreaking...
So stories...
We were on the bus and we were so tired that we were sleeping. These ladies walking by were talking and saw the two of us; one asked to the other, who are they? The other one said, I don't know, but they look like angels. I was awake enough to hear that and it made me smile thinking, hey, we are making a good impression apparently! haha.
I was looking through my bags yesterday to find a shirt, when I saw something moving in my bag. I was like, oh freak no! There was a giant cockroach in it and I jumped. I was freaked out then grabbed that sucker and stomped it. haha. But that's when I thought it was the worst... Come to find out the next morning we had a dead roach in our FRIDGE! Holy FREAK! Looks like we will be cleaning that up here today.. I wanted to take a picture of it but I just wanted to get rid of it so grabbed it and got rid of it quick.
New news.... I just got a call and I will be a District Leader! Gosh that makes me nervous... But I am very excited also! I am super excited for the new calling but at the same time, soooooo nervous. Being a leader has never been my thing and this means I will have to do interviews with the investigators of my district, give trainings to missionaries... and so much more. Eesh.
I forgot to mention last week something pretty cool also. I finished Jesus the Christ! That book is SOOO big. I loved it though and I learned so much stuff. I say you need to all read it ASAP! It is wonderful. It strengthened my testimony of Christ so much. I want you all to read it! It's so great. I also got thinking, I want to have a race who can finish the Book of Mormon first in our family.... Anyone up to the challenge?
Well anyways, got some packing to do it looks like! I gotta get going. I love you all and thank you for all you do!
Até Mais!
Elder Millett
ps.... sucks the 49rs didn't win... I am super upset about that!