Monday, 18 February 2013

Cataratas! (Falls!)

My companion, Elder Finati!

So we just got the news that our zone in a few weeks gets to go to the waterfalls here. The 2nd biggest in the world. I think I already told you but I am SO excited to go. That was basically my highlight of last night, finding out we get to go to the falls! Maybe one day you guys will have to go too. It sounds pretty sweet. It's where Argentina, Paraguay and Brasil all meet. It's pretty sweet I hear. Anyways.... Questions...

We need pictures of your new place.
--I will take pictures soon here. We actually have to paint this week so we will be doing that this week and then I will take pictures.

Do you meet in a regular church building now?  Is it a ward?
-Our church building is HUGE! There are about 120 people at church every week.

You say transfers are only 5 weeks now.  Is that the way it is permanently or just for this transfer?
-Just this transfer is 5 weeks. All the transfers are the same in whichever part of the world to meet the timeline of the CTM. CJ and I have the same time with the same dates and all.

But wow this week was interesting... We had a lot of awesome experiences too. First off, we got an extra hour to sleep in the other day, because the time moved here in Brasil. It was really nice because I have been really tired. It's also been really hot recently. It hit 108 at 10:30 this morning only! It's supposed to get up to 120 by 2 o clock.... Eesh. Eu vou morrer... (I'm going to die!)

So a story... or 2...

1. So this drunk guy.... whenever it starts like this it's always a good story... was walking on the side of the street and looked like he was falling and almost fell and got ran over by a car passing by. It made me heart drop almost seeing that. Don't want to see more then 2 dead people on the mission... haha. But he continued walking and started yelling across the street just yelling random things at us... We were right next to the church so I just started saying things in English to him like.... ´´you need baptism in your life!´´ and ´´Stop drinking, it's really bad for you!´´ It was really funny because he just started yelling all of the swear words in the book in Portuguese. It was funny. People are just hilarious when they are drunk!

2. Met a group of 3 Americans the other day at the terminal for busses. He saw me and asked, which bus takes us to the falls? I asked my comp and he told me then I told him. He nodded his head then just walked off with his buddies and didn't say thank you or anything... am I forgetting or are all Americans tools like that guy?

We found some great investigators this week. We had 6 at church which was awesome and looks like we should have 2 baptisms and a 3rd the following with a reactivation! Those are always the best feelings. We went out looking for people to go to church all the way up til 11 when we had to go take the sacrament. It was HOT OUT! That is probably the thing I hate! Being out in the morning early trying to wake people up to go to church. They go the whole entire week saying they will go then they just don't go for some reason that day. Satan does have a lot of power over the simple things... I want to sleep more.... I don't have clothes to wear... I need to go to the store to buy food for lunch... All these excuses... I have heard them all! Its kinda annoying.

This week I had my first chance to interview a person for baptism. Being a district leader I have to interview all of the peoples baptisms in my district, and sometimes zone. But it was a really cool experience and you can tell that the holy ghost is there super strong, and to see all these people changing their lives. It was an awesome experience. I am loving this new calling but throws a lot of responsibility on my shoulders...

We are heading off to the ´´point´´ today which is the border of Paraguay and Brasil to go buy stuff really cheap. I am really excited. Is there anything that anyone wants?

I love you all! Hope this next week is even better then the last!
Até Mais!

Elder Millett
Ele gosta de ranch!  (He likes ranch!)