Monday, 28 January 2013

Another week...

First off, we do not sleep on just mattresses. Those are the ones that the zone leaders use or district leaders when they pass by our house. We have really nice beds here actually, but very short it feels like.

Yes my package made it in one piece and I was so excited for it. I got home, still sick, and just loved pulling everything out. The Oreos were the best surprise there. I was like... how did she know?! haha. And I really like that tie too. The reason why it took so long is there were a few holidays here that the correios doesn't work. That could be why.

The internet places... LAN Houses. We pay right after we use them depending on how long we use them and everything. It is really nice and very simple. Normally like 2 reals is all we pay, plus 10 centavos for every sheet of paper we print.

This week.... ohhhhh man. Crappy ending I would have to say. We had over 13 people ready to go to church and ALL of them but one bailed. I was SO upset. It is the worst feeling when a missionary doesn't have anyone at church. We also had great numbers this week. Over 45 lessons this week, which is a LOT. But I noticed that when our numbers are that high, we don't seem to get the full outcome that we want. It's really weird. We also had some great experiences like being able to teach over 30 people at the same time. We were walking on the street.... first background story.... Me and Elder Jones are doing this thing that we have to at least talk with and get addresses to 3 people's houses, DAILY each. I had 6 already this day and Elder Jones had missed the past 2 days so he was in debt. Anyways, we were walking on the street when we saw this big group of people and I think he was thinking, go big and get all the contacts done in one go. So he walked up and I got a little nervous because people looked like they didn't understand him at first but then I noticed everyone started listening intently to us. They wanted to hear what we had to say so we pulled out a pamphlet and taught, basically having to scream we were talking so loud. It was great. People even stopped on the road to hear, what they probably thought, were 2 crazy Americans teaching crazy stuff. But people stopped. Elder Jones then got the 7 contacts he needed and it was a really good experience. I loved it and plan on doing that again here soon. haha.

Anyways, some more stories for you.

1.There is this guy that sits in the center of the city and will just stop randomly and just start saluting. He thinks he is in the military still or something and is like 60 years old. He is CRAZY.  I will have to get a picture for you guys this week. And not only does he salute, he just starts singing random things and yelling.

2. Another crazy guy in the center. Remember that guy who walked by us and said the world was going to end soon? Yeah he passed us again and was like, these are the 2 boys who said the world was going to end and it didn't! People.... I never said anything about the end of the world. haha. People know he is crazy....

3. Walking home one night and it just started to rain so hard. It was great.... and terrible. My scriptures got all wet, and of course, I was soaking wet. I took a video of it but it is too big to send to you guys. Need to tell Google to be able to upload 50mb videos now! haha. But anyways, what had happened. That walk we did felt so long! So what I thought we could do while walking, SING. We just started yelling the national anthem and it was so funny. I would have to say my companion got a little embarrassed after a little while when some people got staring at us. haha.

This week was not horrible like I say it was.... We did have a lot of success but at the same time a lot of failure which is sad. I just hope that some of these people accept it one day here soon. We are very excited for some of the people who marked a date for their wedding! So excited (that is if I stay). haha.

I also have a request from you guys. Could you put Maria in your prayers? She is a lady who has been going to church for a year almost and just loves it but her boyfriend doesn't like the church. He refuses to let her get baptized but this week she said she received a CLEAR answer that she knows she needs to get baptized here soon.

Transfers are this next week and I am so excited to know what happens. One of us is for sure gonna get transferred. Well almost for sure... haha. But the thing is that normally after training the trainer or the trainee will get transferred. So we will see.

Have a wonderful week!
Até maís e têm uma boa semana! (Later and have a good week.)
adeus! (Goodbye)
Elder Millett