Monday, 25 February 2013

Quase caiu! (Almost Crashed!)

This Jesus is in our house.
One of the elders drew it a long time back.

 So first off, it is freakin awesome to hear that there will be 7 new missions. We had a conference call with the whole mission talking about the changes and everything. It was really awesome to hear. Our new mission president is my companions uncle. Crazy... haha. But he said that he only met him once in his life. But with the new changes with the Curitiba South mission and the Piracicaba mission will take parts of our mission. So maybe I will get switched to another mission! We will see where I end up about that time. We don't know what will happen as of now. The changes are crazy but awesome to hear that we will be going to get a new mission pres. I was a little bummed he wasn't American... haha. Americans are more laid back with the rules... But with the rules strict, I seem to learn more and to be more self dependent. haha.

Anyways, first off, I go quite a long way to do interviews. I had one this week and did it for Elder Delgadillo who really wants to write you here soon. (my trainer). He is awesome. He just thinks you are super awesome too mom. But the truth is, I really do have the best mom in the world. And yeah, you can put that on mission moms :) haha. But yeah, we have to travel quite a bit. In our area they don't have places to eat, or ATM's, so it's really annoying. But yeah, we end up traveling a lot.
Batismo!

This week was CRAZY! We had a baptism, met an awesome family that will be baptized here soon and went through every little difficulty all the way up til the font wouldn't fill up with any more water... Well first, this happened. We turned it on, and the water got shut off to the baptismal font. We started to fill it by hand, carrying buckets and filling it little by little. You can imagine how long this took. We decided to wait it out till the next day. The following day we went to go get the young boy for the baptism, he didn't want to be baptized he said. His older brother was talking about the church saying it was the church of the devil and that he would be upset with him if he was baptized in the church. That scared him. After an hour talking with him he finally decided to get baptized. Yeah, his older brother is getting baptized next... he doesn't know it yet but he will! haha.

The family we found is awesome and has been having lots of difficulties. It's a mother that lives on her own with 3 kids that are just really intelligent. They went to church this week and loved it. It was really funny when we showed them the church building the night before, they thought that the baptismal font was a pool, and said they would bring their swim suits to go swimming the next day. It was really funny. I told them they could when they get baptized. haha. But the mom is just trying to receive an answer. But there is one thing I have learned on the mission... When a person has the desire to know (like her) they receive an answer. So I know she will receive an answer here soon!

Stories...
1. We have a dog now... Not really but we do. A puppy followed us everywhere, to our lessons, to our house (waited for us) and even to the church building. We got there and gave the name Elder to the dog. Later we found out that the dog is a she... so it moved to Sister. haha. We had lots of people at the church and all the kids just played and played with the dog. But 9 o clock came around, then we had to head home. We hoped someone would take it home. We came to find out the next day, the bishops son cried for an hour in the parking lot until the mom let him take it home. So now, the bishop has a new dog. haha. That dog loves  us and I have no idea why.  Can't help but love the missionaries right? haha. We visit every so often now.

2. Another cockroach story... I wish I would have gotten this one on video. 11:30, got up to use the bathroom. I saw a cockroach crawling on my comps toothbrush. I thought... carumba, this hour I have to kill one! I tried getting it with my flip flops that I was wearing but then it went under between the counter and the mirror, which doesn't leave room to get it with nothing we had... We had to think. My companion thought, lets burn it! He turned on the stove, lit a piece of cardboard on fire, and grabbed a can of Axe Spray. We torched that thing good! haha. It was the last thing I would have thought of to kill a cock roach with a flame thrower, but it worked, and was really funny!

So I can't help but realize that Feb. 22nd passed last week, and that means, I am already more than half way through the mission. The thought of it makes me sad, yet excited. I can't decide which I like better.... My family or the mission. haha. Jk. It makes me really sad though. Just means I gotta work harder though! I love you all! Write me lots of letters this week please! I am needing it!

Te-amo!
Até mais!

Elder Millett
It was really hot this day.... It got even hotter...