Monday, 3 December 2012

Oi!

Neymar! (A Brazilian Soccer player who has a mo-hawk!)
He trusted me to cut his hair!
[Referring to Connor's soccer game.] Yep, don't worry Connor. You guys got crushed but we beat them pretty hard when we played the Gig Harbor teams. haha. They are always the best. I wish I could be there to support you Con! Makes me miss being able to joke around with those boys and help them learn to play and all. It was a lot of fun. Which reminds me, I loved that picture of them standing there with the happy birthday sign! Thanks again!

Anyways, this week we ran around. Literally. Well let's just say, my life flashed before my eyes, literally again.... haha. I will tell you about it in a sec. First off your questions...

I really do want to baptize someone in the river and then I don't. haha. There are pythons here in the river. They are huge too!!! So maybe I will pass on that. I am losing like all fear of any kind of animal here. I used to have a weird thing with touching animals, any one, but now I have no fear to just pick them up. haha. But pythons, still hate and never will like!

None of the foods have been really different. I think you guys should do Brazilian type beans there. It's really good actually. I love it!

Letters I am only getting once a month now.

I will figure out my local address for you sometime here. You guys found my house?! It's pretty covered now those trees in the front of our house are grown up really bushy. I need to go and cut those one day I think. haha. But that pizza place the guy gives us a 10 dollar discount just cuz he loves Americans. I think its super funny.

So I have no idea what I want to do for president yet. I need some ideas as to what I should do. He is that kind that doesn't want to accept help when I KNOW he needs it. He works his butt off and still just does so much for us. I really want to figure out a secret way that he won't know it was me. He has 2 teen boys and his wife. So not a huge family no. But any ideas just let me know!

So some stories for you....

-First that one where I felt like I was literally DEAD, and my companion can testify that this ACTUALLY HAPPENED. We were walking down the road and there was a super dark  cloud off in the distance. We were just walking normal and then started to see lightning off in the distance. It was just like, oh whatever its normal right. But sure enough no... We kept walking when all of a sudden, a light brighter then I have ever seen in my life struck us both at the same time and we both literally were paralyzed for a moment and couldn't see for a couple of seconds. We literally both thought we were dead. It was a crazy feeling not being able to move. What had happened was the lightning stuck right over our heads and hit the end of the road. A huge loud boom hit real hard there and then we both said... let's run to the house. haha. We both thought we had died. It was crazy and really funny to joke about after. haha

-We got walking on the street when this crazy dude started yelling (in Portuguese of course), let's go elders! Let's go elders! The world is ending! The world is ending! Save as many as you can!!!! I said to him after that, after he was yelling said, tudo bom? (all good)  And he said really calmly, ´´tudo´´. I laughed so hard at first what he said then how he changed from screaming to us to really relaxed saying yeah everything's all good. These stories are so hard to explain. I can't wait to explain some talking to all of you this Christmas!! (which reminds me, think of any questions that you have that you want to ask and all too so you don't forget and don't have to think about while we are talking k?)

-Story about my comp.... actually two. He was saying a prayer at one of our investigators houses. As he was saying, please bless our families also. But in portuguese is, Por favor abençoe nossos familias, tambem. Everyone just said amen after that and he was freaked out and didn't know what to do. So he just blurted out, in the name of Jesus Christ amen!! haha. I got such a good laugh out of it. They had just thought he said amen when he said tambem. haha. I got a real good laugh out of it. He is a good sport and laughs about it too.

-Another story about my comp that made me realize something just really amazing. Yesterday in church was fast and testimony of course. Elder Jones was up leading the music and was up on the stand and I had passed the sacrament so I was sitting out in the crowd. I gave him that look to go and bare his testimony and sure enough without problem he went to go bare testimony really fast. As he got up he expressed how he couldn't speak Portuguese really well then just continued to speak. I will be honest, he said lots of the words terribly, but something else hit me and obviously hit the rest of the people there.  A feeling just came over that room and lots of the leaders of our branch just began to cry. I don't even know if he knew it but everyone was overtook by the spirit. I was too and I felt it. Even though not many people understood what he said in that moment, everyone felt a really strong testimony was spoken. I realized it's not knowing the language perfectly, but rather having that spirit with you always to let him do the speaking. That is a huge testimony builder to me. I then felt prompted to bare my testimony too and bore mine. I have never felt such a spirit like I have felt in this branch here. The mission is full of wonderful experiences.  All the things I have learned here already I wouldn't trade for anything. The closer Christmas gets the more I miss home but I know without this mission, I wouldn't and couldn't be who I am right now. I am just so grateful for this gospel and for this chance to share the gospel and at times get rejected while doing it. But I feel I am growing everyday because of it, and wouldn't trade it for nothing.

I hope the holiday season has started off well for everyone! I know I say this lots, but thank you so much for all you do! Even everyone who sends letters, it helps me through the days that are tough. I couldn't be here without the people at home.

Até mais!
Elder Millett