Monday, 31 December 2012

Long time no talk!

My feet hurt so bad! They still do. I just had some relaxing time here with warm water.
It was WONDERFUL

It feels like forever since we have talked already which is crazy. haha. But it was really fun getting to talk with you guys but I was so sad after. So after I had gotten off we sat in the church for a long while just talking with our Elders quorum president and he had said thank you. He said that he didn't understand what we had said but it strengthened his testimony so much seeing us talk in knowing that 2 people gave up everything to serve the lord and he just knew how much I miss you guys. I didn't ever think I would miss you all as much as I do, but I am pushing through that home sickness every day. Hopefully it leaves here soon again! haha

So your questions....
I was in the church building when we talked. We were in the office there and it was Air Conditioned and everything! haha. It was so nice to sit there for 2 hours. haha.

We ended up playing some board games that pres bought. So it was all good. Board games cost so much here! We also had fun making the snow, shooting the Nerf guns and eating the candy you sent me.

We had a churrasco, with TONS of meat. After that they have tradition of eating this pudding stuff and fruit salad. We also had RICE (of course), and it was really just a great meal. They sent us home with tons of the meat from the churrasco too. It was GOOD!

This week was pretty fun. I first got to talk with you guys then had gone back to the house and slept early that night because we didn't have to work and needed to be in early. It was a really relaxing day to just see my family then sleep. Looks like tonight it just going to be sleep too because we have to come in early. We are gonna go buy some good food and pig out I think. haha. But this week we had a lot of success it seemed like. Its great but it seems like everyone that we find that will be baptized is not married. It is so FRUSTRATING. Seeing all these other elders baptizing and us just working on these marriages and everything takes lots of time. At the minimum its 1 month. It is frustrating but they are awesome people and will make wonderful additions to the church when they get married.

This week I also had some great experiences. One, I don't have any good stories for the week. SORRY! I will make sure to have some this next week. But just last night I was praying right before I went to bed and had some serious realizations. I realized how lucky I am. I look around here in Brasil and to be honest, it's so dirty, some very cruel people and some families just screwed up. I just know how lucky I am and I know I need to be more grateful for what I have. I am thankful for my family, my country and my friends I have. I owe it all to the gospel of Jesus Christ that is found in the church of Jesus Christ. I just don't know what I would have without it. Thank you so much for all you guys do for me. Thank you to all those that wrote me and tell them to write me lots please! I always need the support.

Take care and have a wonderful week and a happy new year!

Até Mais!
(Elder Millett)

PS. I got the letters here at the house so you can send the package here whenever! ASAP because only 5 more weeks until transfers.