| Cameron's Birthday Celebration |
Yep, another week. And of course, always flies by. This week kinda felt a little slow during the middle but picked up when we ended up baptizing 2 people this week. It was a lot of fun. We had 2 kids that hadn't been baptized but were at church so many times with their families, but the president there couldn't do the interviews because it's a rule. But we got to baptize and that's always a good thing!
Anyways,
More clues to find my house. It's in Pederneras. That's not how to spell it but I am lazy to look at the actual spelling. As of right now there is a guy standing outside of this lan house casting a spell at me. He is clearly drunk and I can smell it and people (like me) are looking at him really funny. haha.
(Note: Last week Cameron sent a picture of his house along with the address so we could find it on Google Maps. Maybe you could give it a try! Rua nove de julho, 510 Pederneiras - São Paulo, Brazil. It doesn't come up at the correct location. It's near the road Riachuela.)
My comp still hasn't gotten his bank card yet. He will be getting it tomorrow but I have been paying everything for him and somehow I still have 50 reais and I have NO CLUE HOW. haha. Blessings of course!
So the towel is working out great here. I actually love it. You just gotta always hang it up correctly or else it will start to smell like any other towel but dries a LOT quicker. I recommend it for sure. It's also nice and small to be able to take around on divisions and stuff like that.
So this week was great/crazy. The first night we celebrated my birthday getting a pizza and a cake, that was SUPER GOOD. I loved it. It had fresh fruits in it too. Another member of the branch actually made me a cake too, but it was the day after but was AMAZING. I opened my ´´presents´´ (I put it like that because all of them already got ripped open basically but was super excited to wear my new tie and I will make that shirt my zone conf. shirt. Thank you so much for that package. I really enjoyed it! I also LOVED all the pictures that the family did for saying happy birthday. Very creative! Did you guys think of that or was it a Googled idea? Either way it was awesome! I loved it so much and was just laughing the entire way through looking at of them. I got a kick especially out of the one of my crazy aunts, and also the one in the middle of the field that Michelle did. That one made me laugh. haha. I would be scared to go out into a field like that here in Brazil... there are lots of snakes in the fields here!
Some stories, don't have too much but here I go!
1.So this week we found a good 4 cockroaches in our kitchen. I thought we would get creative and get them out of the house somehow. So yeah, what we did, like everyone else would do, you grab the brooms and play cockroach hockey! It was super funny. And we got the roaches out so I figure it was pretty successful. The stinkin cockroaches are fast here though! So we almost lost one of them running under the desk. haha
2. Our baptism... SO here there is no baptismal font, so you know what we got to do? Baptize in the pool of course! haha. It was a lot of fun. I got a good laugh at it but the president here said we needed to go and clean the pool which was fun, but took a LOT of time. I just told him, let's go baptize in the river! I have a goal of doing that here. haha.
I just got informed that my companion's mom saw my blog and laughed about the story I had told about Elder Jones. My comp was a little hesitant of putting that story on there because he... actually I don't know why, he might have just been embarrassed. But it made me laugh. I will have to keep you updated with all the funny stories that happen with him. New Americans are always funny, but I remember how stressed I was when I was one, so I am trying to help him out as much as possible!
We are doing well here as of right now. All is great here and I was even excited that we got to do a Noite Familiar (FHE) with a family and friends and got to watch 17 Miracles. I was super excited because I love that movie. So thanks again for sending that!
Sorry I don't have much to say this week or any super fun stories, but I will try and get some more stories for you next week! I promise!
I love you all so much! (especially Dantzel for singing to me because that was the cutest thing EVER and thanks to her wonderful mom for having her do it.) Made my day!
Take care!
Até mais!
Elder Millett
