The world is really screwed up. That is really sad to hear about that shooting and that is messed up. In our city just this week this guy went on a killing spree breaking into old people's houses and killing them. It was so messed up. The world really isn't safe... It's really sad but one day it will be clean of all those people for sure. I can't wait.
This week was a great week. The days dragged by in all honesty but it's all good. It just seems to happen like that every once and a while. This week was just one of them. So first off, I don't know what time the hangout will be. I am thinking sometime around 2 o clock in the day (brasil time) and that will be the best time I bet. I will be hanging out with president and the family there. We need some fun game ideas if you have any. That would be nice. But I will give you the info but it would be best to have you start the hangout and all. That would be great if you guys could do that. I am getting really excited. I just really need to see you guys again. I am feeling like my family is just a memory that I randomly get letters and packages from. It's crazy the feeling, but this week will remind me of course, seeing ya! I can't wait! I will let you know all the details this next week ok?
This week was a little crazy too, I finally got rid of some things just bothering the crap out of me, an ingrown toenail. I went to the doctor and it HURT. But it feels so much better now. I took a picture of it and you will have to see it after the mish. Don't want to gross everyone out, just my fam! haha. But it was really funny. I felt like I was getting a pedicure. It was funny. She was just cutting away and then random times would pull out the knife... I knew that was going to be painful! haha. And it was...
Christmas conf was great. We had it with three zones. Zones are the biggest btw.... But it was with a lot of people. We did a gift exchange, had some wonderful talks (some in English even which was fun because they were the health people from the CTM who didn't speak fluently) and ate some wonderful food and candy. It was really awesome. I really enjoyed it and always love being in the presence of President Tavares. He is just a wonderful man. But I loved all of it. I got to see some people I hadn't seen in a while and it was a fun time. Even my first companion Elder McGuire who is doing awesome!
This week also had some really rude people. For instance, we got talking to some people on the road and talked a little about the church with them. They were talking to me at first then randomly started ignoring me. It was annoying. I then decided, let's talk to them about the church in English and it got really funny from there. They started listening after that wondering what we were saying. I love that we can do that. Talk in another language at times. But another lady while we were in Bauru (the big city nearby) was walking and just turned and looked at me and said "look, the Mormons" in the most unfriendly way possible. I smiled and yet again said in English, "thanks lady and have a great day". She gave me one of the funniest looks after that I about died! People can be so rude sometimes but I just like having a little humor with those people, you can even ask my companion. haha.
Stories....
1. I grabbed a fly this week. You know how people catch flies in their hand? Yeah, I did it finally! President here taught me how to do it and I did it. It was sweet! The flies are super annoying here and I can't wait to see an American fly again... They are so much better. haha. You will understand if you ever come visit here.... haha
2. It's a small world after all.... That song is played all day everyday here and they have no idea what it is. The guys who go around selling gas play it and its SUPER ANNOYING! I have to hear it all the time. That song is even annoying in Disneyland... haha. But I ended up singing it walking down the road and got some funny looks. It's just a normal thing for me now to always get weird looks from people. haha.
It has been raining all week and I have been loving it. I really want some snow but am really glad you sent me that snow stuff. I am so excited to do it. But the rain will have to do for now. I love the rain, and that is only growing bigger with how much I don't get it here. My talk went good this week, I don't talk like I used to anymore. I just put down a few key points and just talk. I hope I will continue to do that when I go home. I hate reading a paper. I am not a big fan of those talks. But we had more people there. It was great! And we had a lady who was thinking about leaving her family. And that day (Sunday morning) she was walking out of the house with all of her clothes and everything when one of the members which had known her saw her crying and asked why. It was really cool because the fact that the member said she would take her somewhere to make her so much happier. She took her to church and it was crazy. We had talked about everything that she needed. We talked about forgiveness, and family the whole day. She just started crying in the principles of the gospel class. It was a really good testimony that she bore and that she already knows the church is true and everything. It was just a great experience for me. Everyone was crying in that room, even the guy in our ward that is just a rock solid "i won't ever cry in my life" kind of a guy. It's really amazing how the church can change people. She will probably be getting baptized this next week or the week after. I can't wait!
This Christmas season is a wonderful time to remember the birth of Jesus Christ, but also especially the death and sacrifice he gave. I am so grateful for the atonement and I wouldn't be who I am without it. Just remember what we need to do to be better people always and to always continue to repent. That's one thing I am learning while here, to repent right away and not procrastinate! I love you all!
Take care and talk to you all in 8 days!
Te-amo!
Elder Millett!
ps. I don't know of anything that is really tradition here. Everyone just does the same stuff it seems like. Just eat some Brasilian food! It's so good!