Monday, 7 January 2013

Meu líder de distrito é o cara [My district leader is the man] (he wrote that)

Batismo! It was wonderful!
Someday his mom and dad will get baptized too!
Asked for a toothpick and this is what they gave me!

This week turned out to be pretty good. We had a lot of hard times though and that is the truth. The week started out pretty slow with the new years and all that fun stuff but ended up being a pretty good night. We got to stay in the house that night and it was a WAR ZONE. Seriously it was so noisy we didn't sleep that entire night basically. Me and my comp stayed up just talking to each other the whole night which was actually pretty fun. It was cool to watch the cool looking fireworks, but most of them were just LOUD! haha. It's all good. Then the rest of the week just sucked... all the way up til Saturday when we ended up finding a baptism and then Sunday, having more amazing experiences with church. It's always so spiritual there at church, and just is ten times better with testimony meeting. People in the states need to come here to learn how to bear testimony.... Everyone just tells stories in the states. That needs to change! haha. But it was great at church because we had 9 investigators and those investigators we had been trying to get to church FOREVER finally came! It was WONDERFUL! And we also had a baptism this week of Luiz Miguel who is the son of a family who needs to get married, then they will be next. It was great! Just a wonderful ending to the week. I just really enjoyed it all.

So your questions.... Yes we are still taking cold showers. I pulled the entire thing apart and found out after 2 hours of wiring it and everything, the whole shower head is just GONE. I even had a Brasilian look at it. I will have to buy a new one today. haha.

My boxes.... Some of them look pretty beat up. But none of them look to the point where they have been opened. I know they do x-ray there so be careful.

I will send you guys a picture here of the house soon. We have had 2 other elders with us for a while so our house is a MESS right now. haha. But I will send pics this week.

I got some stories for you.... Some of them just got me dying laughing.

1. Elder Jones was teaching part of the lesson about the apostles that had died and Jesus Christ had also. This investigator wanted to know what had happened to some of these apostles and Elder Jones was quick to chime in saying that others were crucified like Peter. It was really funny because how you say peter is Pedro. But he said Pedrão, which is like saying Fat Peter. They laughed so hard and so did I. The investigator was like, he called an apostle fat! Dying laughing. haha.

2. We were sleeping on pday when a cat just walked in to our house and was just staring at Elder Jones. I had no idea what it was but the thing just got so scared that I got up and freaked out. It was just funny and made me miss patch too... :(

3. Trick or treat new years??? It's a tradition to go trick or treating on new year's day.... at 7 in the morning we had kids asking for food, money, or candy! I was like.... What the heck! It blew my mind. Kids actually get tons of candy here too. We gave some of them cookies. Then the rest we didn't have to deal with cuz we went to Bauru... Or how mom says it... Bow ruuu. haha. I love you mom! That just made me laugh. 

4. Joe mama.... My companion taught that to the presidents kid (12 years old) and he says it all the time saying the following... Have you met Joe before? me: no... Joe who? Him: Joe mama! He thinks it's the funniest thing. But he was passing the sacrament yesterday and came up to give me the sac and whispers... Joe Mama!  I about LOST IT. I thought it was so funny. He also always says, Oh Baby Baby! Its so funny to hear Brasilians speaking English.

5. We were out walking on the road when this big crazy ordeal happened where some ex husband was beating the ex wife and problems just were happening in this area. We were walking towards that area when all of a sudden fight broke out with other guys hitting that other guy. Just lots of stuff. We avoided that area for a bit and then came back where we came back greeted by two kids. Then after that.... 2 more came. Then some teenagers and plenty of others. It was crazy all the way up til there were 20 people surrounding us asking about the states and tons of stuff. This happens a lot! But they all wanted to learn English so we sat down and taught them basic stuff and spoke a little in English to them. It was awesome. I loved it and I got some good laughs at their accents... But now I can see why maybe some here laugh at my accent. haha.

All in all, this week turned out pretty good. It's been getting tough to getting back into the flow of things with how crazy the holidays were... But it's finally coming and turning back into normal work. Thank goodness! But we have the mom of Ayron (that we baptized) Maria that has for the longest time been fighting addictions and finally overcame almost all of them and now has the decision to get baptized. Please pray for her because she is one special lady and I hope things work out for her. Those kids are awesome too and that is for sure. But keep her in your prayers please. Maria will be baptized one day but sometimes addictions can come back and get people. I don't want that to happen to her because she is doing so great!

I love you all and take care. Things are wonderful here in Brazil, yet very noisy as normal.... haha. But I love you all! Hope the new year is filled with great experiences! But not too great without me!!! Ok?! haha

Até Mais!
Elder Millett