Monday, 20 January 2014

Another week!!!

So I am on late again cuz I went out to go do my last bit of shopping before I head off home. I don't know how much time I will have this next week and the week after so I had to go out while Elder Simmons wanted to also. It was a lot of fun though. Chill day, ´´practicing our English´´ haha. But I bought some fun stuff though for the kids and something for dad.

But to answer your question... I am dying DYING to eat at Red Robin. I have never felt this much of a ´´want´´ to eat something as I have felt to eat those fries and drink a Mt. Dew. haha. I am addicted huh? I would like to go there. Who is all gonna be there at the airport? My last week you can send me all your plans of things I will be doing so I don't get too trunky before I leave... haha. I am STILL working mom! Don't you worry!

Last week when I was at home the entire time was really boring. Every kid wants to stay home from school and stuff like that... But on the mission you are just super bored at home. Can't play video games, watch tv/movies, none of that stuff you normally do. So me and my comp were creative. I slept a little bit too but it's really hard for me to sleep during the day.

This week flew by. The week started and then finished and I felt like I just didn't have time for anything. haha. We went to a nearby city this week and have been teaching a lot of people there. We even brought a lady from there that is going to probably be getting baptized this next week. She was so eager to go to church and is passing through some hard times. She went and accepted everything we invited her to do. We will be traveling a lot to this little city this week for sure.

This week had a very cool experience that I would like to tell you guys. A very spiritually draining experience too. This last week 2 elders asked me to do a baptismal interview for them for a guy who is 26 years old. They taught him very little in all honesty but I decided it would be good to do the interview to see if he was ready. It was the weirdest thing.. The whole interview he was just so excited to be baptized in the church and just wanted to get baptized asap(the next day). The whole interview on the other hand, I felt that something was wrong that was going on in the interview. I felt as if there was a problem of some kind that he was not telling me. I called president and asked him for advice then went back in. I got talking to him and decided, he is ready to be baptized from what he is telling me, so let's go ahead and baptize him. When I said that, something just changed in that room. I felt literally sick from what I was thinking and saying. That is when I began to change my mind and ask him some questions that I felt inspired to do. It was a crazy experience cuz the words were put into my mouth and one of those moments where I was not talking with my own words. I then, with that horrible feeling that something wasn´t right in that situation and then changed my answer telling him that he couldn't be baptized and I had no idea why. I was shocked that I even said that... But as I said that, I felt as if a huge weight had fallen from me and I just felt, well.... better. It was a crazy experience that really testified to me that the holy ghost talks with us... constantly. We just need to listen and to act. I am grateful for the Holy Ghost in my life and I don´t know how I would have been able to make it through these 2 years without a comforter in in my life. It's real. I promise.

The work is going great here and there won't be any slacking until I am heading home alright! haha. I love you guys and pray for you often.

Ate mais!
Elder Millett