Monday, 5 August 2013

Helllooooo


SO another week has passed by! Like you said, it passes by really fast and it's hard to even remember parts of the week. Haha. But first off, I don't know who says that about the beef jerky, because there are so many missionaries that receive it here. Who knows... Maybe you could ask them. There is a member here DYING to eat some. He did a huge amazing churrasco for us the other day that was probably the best churrasco that I have eaten here on the mission as of now. Super good. But this week, was a lot better than the last few have been. We taught families, and more importantly, we found more new people to teach. It has been a huge struggle on the mission the last few weeks. But some really cool stuff happened this week. We have been teaching this lady who had her husband go inactive. He used to be a bishop of all things too... She told us the story he had and it was a really cool story.

Her husband one day went to a friend's house was there just joking around when there was someone that knew he was a member of the church for a long time. He had said, "I heard you guys give blessings, and I would like to have you give one to my daughter to please help her.´´  If you ask me, that is a huge showing of faith and that's for sure. The ex bishop looked at him, stood up, and just started to cry thinking about all the things he had done. He had been drinking, smoking again and not even going to church for some time. He told us about how terrible of a feeling it was to have someone ask him and him not be worthy enough to do God's work here on the earth. Got me thinking... How terrible I would feel if someone asked me to give a blessing and I was not worthy enough to give that blessing to someone in need. Just always remember that we are instruments in the lords hand ALWAYS. Not just when we want to, but 24/7 we are needing to be worthy to act for him. It was a very cool story. 

This week also happened some strange/funny stuff...
First, we have a new investigator. You know where she lives??? Bellevue WA. I about flipped out. haha. I thought it was super cool. She is visiting and went to church this week and we are going to stop by this week. Crazy how that conversation went though. I thought she was from another ´´Seattle´´ (as everyone in the area says they are from haha). 

Ivette, the wife of the ex bishop had another cool story that happened this week. We went to teach her Monday night of last week. She lives a good distance away so we don't always have time to visit with her lots. We were talking lots on the phone. Monday, we invited her to ask about the church to see if it was what she needed to do and to see if the Book Of Mormon is true. We called her the next day and she was in SHOCK. We asked why and she said she asked for an answer, and the first thing she did was open up to a random page and read, ´´and I Nephi, testify that these things are true´´.  Its super crazy how God gives answers and she was super excited that she received an answer so quick. We just need to help her stop smoking now, which she is very close, and she will be baptized soon after!

These people are always outside of their house in a big group every time that we walk to our area. People are always staring at us and its really annoying sometimes... So this time, everyone was staring at me and it was the funniest thing. I lifted up my hand to wave real nerdy to them and you could just tell, they felt super awkward. This one lady even looked like she wanted to dig a hole and bury herself. It was super funny. I just got a good kick out of it. Those people are never in front of the house anymore. haha

This week we got lots of work to do... as always! The work never ends! It really doesn't. Really frustrating sometimes, but the lessons I learn here always make it worth it. We did a fast to find new people, and sure enough, we went to go look for our investigators in the morning and no one wanted to go anymore. We got to the church and a bunch of members had brought their friends and family that were not members. It was really big proof that God does answer our prayers.

I love you all!
Ate mais!
Elder Millett 

Subway! I was so happy to see a subway here in the city!