There was a really funny thing that happened this week that I was dying laughing. So here in Brasil, you knock at the gate and come running all the dogs barking. This house in particular had 5 dogs that came running at us. Its super annoying to hear the barks all together too... haha. But anyways, here comes running a smaller dog barking and running at the same time. He got close to the gate and as he was barking he just randomly threw up. I was dying laughing! We put wording to the situation say, ´´ahhh man I shouldn't keep doing that. I am done here´´. It was super funny. It's just fun to make humor out of part of our work. If I didn't, I would probably go crazy. (more crazy then I already was)
We had a super cool experience this week too. This week we went super far (walking) to go teach a new investigator that a member gave to us. We were out there and had an appointment at 7:30 near our house (the other side of the area). It was 7 o clock, and in all the areas the bus passes every 15 minutes. Except this area was different and we didn't know. We had asked the girl we were teaching, when did the last bus leave, she said 6:55 so the next one would be 7:10. We finished teaching and then looked at our watches... I got freaked out because the next appointment was super important to be there and it was already 7:15... now what? I thought... I asked the girl to check the next time... and the next bus was 8 o clock in the area... what luck. The only thing we could do was get walking, and that is what we did. We started walking and it then turned 7:22, 12 minutes after the other bus already passed. Out of literally nowhere, a bus showed up and we were nowhere near a bus stop, when that bus stopped at our sides, opened the door and told us to hop on. I have no idea what happened but I was in shock. I got looking at how far away we were in the moment and it was about an hour walk home... Blessings come, even if I can't understand fully how it happened or what happened, I am super grateful for being blessed in that moment and arriving at 7:35 at our appointment. One more testimony builder of the truth of this work.
It was a great week all in all. I am alive, sick with a cold, but still really happy. Who ever thought someone could be out walking in Brasil at night, aching feet, so far from his family, being rejected so many times and still be happy? Yeah, I am definitely happier than ever here and am so grateful to be here.
I love you so much family! Take care!
Ate mais!
Elder Millett