Monday, 19 August 2013

Heyyyy!

Getting some reading done... in the woods. 

I was super happy to fly this kite... cant ya tell? 

Found a swing in our area 
Looks like I will be staying here in Cascavel! I am very happy with the news... Especially after last night. I was super nervous to get on the computer and to be transferred. Last night, we marked this Saturday to baptize a wonderful family! Its Uderlei, Silvana and Leticia! We have been teaching them this whole entire transfer and they will be getting married this week! On Saturday then baptized during the afternoon! I am really excited to be able to see the baptism and to be able to baptize also :) It is a wonderful family and they will make a wonderful addition to the ward here and be great leaders. Maybe him even a bishop one day... I could see it! haha. But the Lord has been giving me lots of trials recently. The last transfer was really tough for me seeing so many great possibilities and to not see any of those people get baptized. This week for instance... We had 2 people ready to be baptized, a girl 14 years old who loves the church, and another who we have been teaching for a while. We marked interviews with these two and Saturday morning we got the news that no longer either of them would be baptized. One the step dad came out and started to argue with us saying that we were not called of God and that our church is false. He got really offended that we say we are the only true church and he walked in and slammed the door after swearing at us... Yeah... It's a great feeling. That day was rough in all honesty, but Sunday got a lot better. I am really happy still!

We had other great things that happened. Melissa and her husband Juvenal (don't remember if I already told you about them) but we have been working with them recently. They both received answers and Melissa knows that the church will help them become closer and have a happier life. I am so glad that she realizes that. But we invited them to be baptized this week and he was for sure touched by the spirit in knowing that he needs to be, it was obvious. He had said yes, I will be baptized BUT I would like to repent of all my sins before I am baptized. He had before cheated on his wife, been kind of a drunk and did terrible things. But it is great to know that it is a genuine process he wants to take before the baptism. I am very excited for them and their family. Keep them in your prayers also please!

Speaking of that, this month is when Edinea will be going to the temple. It makes me super happy to know that. She told me the last time I saw her that she was so excited to go to the temple. She was just dying to go. Only a few more months and I will be able to hear from her. Only until after the mish. It's just great to see lots of these people change their lives.

I am very excited for this next week and to keep on working! I love this area and would like to finish my mission here. I really want to!

I love you so very much family! Take care and don't forget about me! haha.
Ate mais! Eu te amo tambem mãe!
Elder Millett!