Monday, 1 April 2013

Yea...



Still not in my area... but for SURE Wednesday vamos chegar (we get)! haha. I am so excited to get there already. Well to start, we moved houses on Tuesday and got our stuff and moved it yet again. I feel like a bum without a house, a missionary without an area and much more. haha. But it was fun, found a few people for the elders in this area to baptize this next week. But anyways, questions first...

I can't believe I am already starting to have memories from a year ago being in Brasil. I have been here for over a year and will be home before I know it. Time flies... Anyways, Easter was normal. We didn't do much. We got to go a house of a member (just me and my comp) and they fed us really well. We got to get to know the family really well, one from Argentina, (got to use my Spanish because he only speaks Spanish) lady from Brasil, and a German daughter that speaks English and Spanish. Weird huh... but the whole time there was really cool. Became really close really fast like I had known them for a long time and we just had a good time. The dad is going to buy a sweet Argentina outfit for me. I am stoked to look like a Mexi! haha. Those members wondered why president didn't put missionaries as cool as us in the branch. I thought it was funny. But anyways, I got an egg and it was really good! That is a huge tradition here to buy those and hide them for the kids. Can't believe it, next year Easter I will be home with you all! But yeah, everyone went to church and yelled and did weird things... I took a video. You will get a good laugh out of the music...

So music, I will want EFY 2013 when it comes out. I think that would be pretty sweet. I always like to listen to music and it's a lot of fun to download talks especially. I have some talks memorized already... like the one by Holland ´´do you love me´´ from the last conf. haha.

Pictures you can send whichever way. It would be fun to just send whatever pictures, even more of me before the mission if you want too. People ask that a lot and I don't have many of me, and more of my family also.

This week was pretty chill. We went to a new area like I said and we just did divisions pretty much the entire week; It was a really good week though. My companion is learning a lot but I am still sad we are not in our area. It's hard to stay motivated. But I managed to stay motivated so it's all good. I had a few funny things that happened this week though that you guys might get a kick out of...

So first off, I am living in the house here with 3 Americans, and 2 Brasilians, one from Recife, and the other from Rio de Janeiro. Rio the people are CRAZY and they just seem to have lots of energy... who knows. Anyways, we were walking down the street when we saw this.... THING in the road to say the least. It was a guy, who to say the least was trying to be a girl. He was all dressed up and long hair and all. Anyways, we got closer and closer and as we passed, my comp for the day (from Rio) put his hand up for a high five and yells, ´´tudo bem muleke!´´  Which is basically like saying whats up, and saying it to a Man. I laughed so hard because he was so into it and I just laughed nonstop. The guy said right after, ´´se liga!´´ which is like saying ´´wake up I am clearly a woman.[´´ Gosh it was hilarious... haha.

So another funny thing I saw yesterday that made me laugh. I already made reference how the moms here take new born babies on motorcycles to places. This is even better. I was walking by a bar in the area and as I was passing, I looked over because there were tons of people. They had literally over 50 people there outside the bar, everyone drinking (sadly). But that was not the crazy part. The crazy part was that EVERY WOMAN there had a baby in their lap, drinking, and some just left their kids in the cars, in the front seat. I couldn't believe my eyes!!! But yeah... it happens...

This week was very laid back though. I am sad I can't be in Wisconsin this week (the land of nothing but my sister) haha. It's awesome what you are all doing there. I hope you guys have a lot of fun. I got a BUSY week ahead of me and looks like we have to haul a bunch of washing machines and other stuff to our new house here soon. I am pretty excited because we will finally move in. We will only have mattresses, washing machine, and a fridge for the next 12ish days it sounds like. But I gotta get baptizing here! My comp is getting a little bit down with all the moving around. But we are getting there soon. I love you all! Have a great week and get to giving that Book of Mormon. I want to hear about the experience! And from anyone else who does it!

Até Mais!
Elder Millett