Monday, 15 April 2013

Wow...

The Brasil that everyone thinks of.... 


New house with nothing! haha. It's so hard to study in the mornings....

What a depressing week... haha.  Not really but kinda. Lots of stuff just didn't go our way this week. We had 4 possibilities to baptize this week and all of them had fallen through! I was super depressed... So depressed I went and bought a huge hamburger.. but it was sure yummy! haha. Anyways, as I said, lots didn't go our way. We had a sicky in the house for 4 days during the week but we had to split and all 2 of the times because having the same person in the house with him gets really tiring. I went out with either my companion or another elder, to keep working. It was pretty entertaining because Elder Gutemburg is really a funny guy.. you will see in the video I am sending right now. haha. But anyways, I learned a very important lesson this week. As missionaries we work with 2 very important things. We work with (1) the spirit. The spirit guides and directs us to the places we need to go and the things that we need to do. Always a constant companion. It's required to be a missionary. But the other important thing I need to remember sometimes is (2) Free agency. I forget sometimes the plan of God really does leave these people still with the gift of free agency. It's so hard to believe sometimes but I need to remember more that in reality they have this. They have such a great thing that we are there to present to them and then it always goes into their hands, and most the time, they reject it. It's something very important I learned this week. It's tough to see and sad to see, but maybe one day these people will come around.

This week had not much that happened in all honesty. We got caught in the pouring down rain 2 times this week. Which was wonderful. It's starting to get cold again! YAY! I am super excited and decided one of the first things I want to do at home is snowboard.... I just want to roll around in snow after 2 years of scorching heat! haha. I also decided I am going to buy a smaller backpack like a camelback to put scriptures in because its small and I can just put my coat over the back pack and it all works out. haha. I saw another missionary with it and thought it would be a great idea. haha. But anyways, we also ran around a lot waiting on our furniture that finally arrived then the next day waited and starved until 4:30 when we finally got to eat lunch. 2 fasts in one week! haha. But it was a really good meal of these things that reminded me of home, and the first house ever that had BBQ sauce... I WAS IN HEAVEN. haha. I miss stuff like that.

I am really happy and things are all well here. Not too much happened this week. It was a boring week with no fun stories to share. I realized that in just 4 more weeks we will be speaking again already! Can you believe it?!  Time just flies... It's a normal topic for the mission it's looking like... Because every day I remember just waking up, studying, then bed. I feel like there really is 0 time to preach the gospel. But with the time I have, I talk with as many people as I can, and I really enjoy it.

I love you all!

Ate Mais!
Elder Millett