So first your questions that you have...
First, they do drink it here. The Brazilian lemonade as you put it. I think it's funny though because lemons are really expensive here but limes are super dirt cheap so that is why they make it like that. Fun fact for ya... haha. Not even the Sprite has lemon in it here.
I haven't made it back to my area yet... this week for sure Sister Tavares said. I am really excited but am really enjoying it here in the center of Foz. And my visa... at the end of this transfer I will be renewing my visa. I am now an illegal alien walking around on the street.... SHHHHHH don't tell.... haha. But I have a paper saying I am allowed to be here without the visa. So it's all chill.
The shirts worked out great for him (Bruno). Edinea was REALLY happy about them. They were so excited to see me. They hadn't liked any of the missionaries as well since us too which is funny. haha.
I met Elder Leete this week. We stayed there in Apucarana. I had met him before too. But we got to have a fun convo about the NW and it was nice. I miss all the green fir trees. I need some ´´Trunky´´ Pictures here of WA! haha. I also told him that we stalked him before the mission... haha.
So this week has been here in the center of Foz with Elder Delgadillo, My comp and Elder Figueredo have been just having a jolly good time here. haha. We did a lot of divisions this week and a lot of things in other places. Sunday for instance I stayed at another house where I didn't have anything.... Towel, toothbrush, NOTHING. It was pretty crazy hard to not break the Sabbath. But I made it through. We have just been moving around a lot to help the other areas here. I just want to get to my area still! haha. This week though for sure... But yesterday we had a conf with President and Sister. Sister says she sees a lot of your stuff on Facebook she says. She says there are two moms that love their missionaries the most on the mission.... and you were one of them. I thought that was funny. I still have the best mom in the world. I am super lucky to have a mom like you and a lot of missionaries say it too.
I had a really cool experience yesterday that I would like to share with you guys. So during my meeting with president he talked about a lot of stuff. One of the things he always seems to talk about was the atonement, like you guys talked about Sunday. He got talking about how our savior died and sacrificed his life for all of His brothers and sisters who would live on this earth. Now I want you to imagine the following... think of the person you love the most. The person it feels like you just can't go a day without. Now imagine that you did something horrible and instead of you taking the punishment, that person that you love more than anything takes the punishment, suffers and dies. Imagine how terrible you would feel for that person dying for what YOU did! It is the same thing. We have our loving heavenly father who gave his son to die for us. We made Christ suffer. But the thing is, He gave it to us as a gift. I am so very grateful for the atonement in my life. I have had the privilege to use it several times in my life, as have you all too. Just remember anytime you are about to do something bad, remember all the things He went through. He suffered for YOU. My only advice for you all, is two simple words. Avoid Sin. It's what we always need to strive to do. I just think that is such a sad and joyful thing that He suffered for me also. I had read Jesus the Christ and it literally has changed my outlook on Jesus Christ. One of the things that I had read was about all the suffering He suffered on the cross and all the medical stuff behind it too. I will have to explain more when I get home but as for now, I invite you guys to read that book. What an amazing book.
I have a testimony that this is the true church, and that Christ died for us. Don't throw away that gift He gave us. The Book of Mormon is the most perfect book on this earth. Thomas S Monson is a prophet of God in our days. I am learning so much from these experiences I am having here and love it so much. A mission is the best choice I have EVER made and probably will ever make.
The experiences I have had here on the mission have changed my life. I want to give this gospel to EVERYONE here. I would invite you all to do the same. Grab a Book of Mormon from the missionaries this next week, and I want EVERYONE in my family at the least, to make it a goal to give it out to someone and share the gospel. It really strengthens testimonies and I promise that. I want to hear how it goes too. I think it is one of the most edifying experiences you can have. The Wards here in Foz do a think I really like. They do the following.... Have a missionary moment every week. They give a BOM to one of the people who then take it to one of their friends. The next week they report on how it was then give another Book of Mormon to another member (they choose who it is) then the person gets the Book of Mormon and has a week to give it to a friend. It's a really cool thing. But I challenge you, to give out a Book of Mormon this week. It's a great experience and I promise that nothing bad can come out of it.
I love you all and hope this week for you guys is wonderful! I miss you all like crazy (as normal) and I am thinking about you often and praying for everyone's well being. Smile often and don't let anything make you sad. Especially you mom with those braces! hehe. I love you guys!
Ate Mais!
Elder Millett
(Cam)