Monday, 14 January 2013

oí!


So here people think I have gained weight... but the scale says otherwise. I have lost lots of weight here on the mission and I don't know why but people are like, you have gained lots of weight... I think it's just the way my shirt hangs. haha. Who knows. But my pants are doing great. I just need new shirts (not the ctr clothing ones but the Stafford ones. I love those a lot more). And the shirts here suck! Or I would buy some... They are really just terrible shirts that they have here.

Okay dad.... To answer your question they have disposable diapers too. haha. Just like anywhere else. haha. But they seem to end up a lot on the road which is REALLY nasty walking by getting a nice whiff of baby poo. It is pretty much the same with dog poo on the road too though. And yes they are number 3 with economic situations but the thing is they pay a lot of taxes, but don't see much of the money after.

-Yes they are using those programs.(Come Follow Me teaching programs) It's the same everywhere. haha. But that's funny I just realized you asked me that 3 times and I hadn't responded to it... SORRY!  But to have that elder take to brazil... have him take these kinds of shirts you bought me and these pants are GREAT! You can't find these type of pants here in brazil really. They are light weight but very durable. I sit on the ground daily even, and nothing stains. They are just good pants. Just tell him, get good quality things because they go bad real quick if you don't! Good shoes especially! I am already burning through this other pair.... ALREADY! But don't send shoes because they tax a bucket load to send shoes.

Yet another week has passed by and yet again, don't know where the time went. We had a really fun week. Still working on fixing the shower head too which sucks... especially the fact it hasn't been sunny in a WEEK here. Just like Washington it sounds like. But we are still working on that as we speak. We also did a division this week with 3 of us and it was a really fun experience. We went out with Elder Dias Batista, who is just crazy funny. It was a relief to not have to worry about my area for a little while and go somewhere else to renew my excitement. Serving in the same place daily gets to you at times. But it was a great experience. We got SOAKING WET that day and just didn't care. Me and Elder Jones didn't have our umbrellas which stunk. We got really soaked. This week we also had the coolest investigators (who actually made you a present, mom) go to church. They were practically members! President loves them and was like.... Elder, these two better get baptized! haha. We are working on it right now and got to get them married first.... just like everyone... haha.

So this week, stories...

-It's been raining a lot, and apparently there is a big leak in the church building that they haven't fixed... the sacrament room was DRENCHED! We then had to do sacrament meeting in the kitchen, which was PACKED. It made us look so much bigger than the numbers we really had. I also had the chance to bless the sacrament for the first time in Portuguese. It was really a cool experience. I got so nervous but it was a really good experience for me to be able to do. The kid who normally does it broke his arm so me and president did it. It's been so long since the last time that I broke and blessed the sacrament even in English!

-This week hit the record on my mission of being asked to marry someone... It hit 5 times this week. Especially yesterday! There are always those moms who tell us to marry their daughter, or the girls themselves telling us that they will wait for us... haha. It was super funny because yesterday these 2 girls were just asking and asking if we would marry them and these conversations just get so awkward... The conversation normally starts with them asking, are you married? It then ends by this.., no, but I have a girlfriend. haha. They just see Americans as Dollar Symbols... $$$$$ That's all they can see. haha.

-So we had an investigator that we have had trouble getting to their house the last week. They are pretty cool people but didn't seem like they liked the lessons too much. We went there the other night and come to find out, she had called us 3 times because she was worried that something had happened to us. It made me laugh but at the same time happy because our investigators were still thinking about us even when we didn't have the time to get over there.

Every week seems like a blur, being almost the same thing every week. I totally forgot to write down stories for you guys but I will remember to write down more things. I can't wait to tell you all these stories when I am in person. The acting will make this ten times better! I love you all, thanks for all you do! I have lots of pictures I gotta post so don't have too much time to write!

Até Mais!

Elder Millett