Monday, 30 July 2012
Yep.... Another week!
Wow, it just seems to be, when things are starting to get good, there are more trials in the way. I love it though! It was a wonderfully crappy week. I will explain why though. Pday started out weird last week. One of the elders wasn't feeling to good (Elder Carrell) and we stayed in that day after emails. It was nice just chilling with him and my comp was with the Zone leaders that day. They didn't get home til 6:30 when they were supposed to be home by 6 so we left to start go teaching that day. But it was a really good night that night. We went and taught Iginea and a few of the other investigators that Elder Carrell has. It was a really good lesson of the Book of Mormon, for being my first time FINALLY all the way through. I am finally learning how to teach with a better power and listening to the promptings of the Holy Ghost. It was tough at first when all I could think of was if my Portuguese was right or not. So Tuesday came... Elder Carrell was still sick so I was designated to stay with him that day. It was a really productive day that day actually. Wednesday was a normal day, until night time when I started feeling sick....
Here is where my week goes down the drain. haha. I wake up Thursday, do the normal things not feeling too well and eating a normal meal and everything. Things started to feel worse and worse in my stomach and my head so I called Sister T and she told me to stay in the house that night. My comp was like, we have a meeting tonight with one of the counselors of the mission. So he MADE me go. I felt so sick that 30 minute walk. When we got there, I immediately threw up. I was throwing up the whole meeting so he couldn't even be in there. After that it was too late to make it home so we had to stay with the other elders in the city, right next to the big catholic church that is bigger than any temple I am pretty sure. It's HUGE!!! But anyways, I threw up all the way til 12 o clock that night and then finally could sleep. I was so sore. After that, Elder Halpin comes in and threw up all the way til 6:30 that next morning. it was really bad. So at this point, the week sucked. We sat in the house all the way til today and I am still sicker then sick. I also have only been able to settle 2 bananas, Gatorade and crackers. I am super hungry finally. I lost 12 freakin pounds this week! I feel super skinny today and when I can, I am gonna eat like CRAZY again. I need the energy.
So while we were sick, we had an investigator (Edinea) have tons of problems with her family and neighbors, and boyfriend not liking the church. Let's just say, I know who those three demons are now... haha. Trying to stop her from baptism. She ended up going to church this week. But anyways, her son was baptized this week because she wanted him to like none other. She knows it's right and everything, just has lots of opposition right now. When he was baptized, she had the biggest smile on her face! It was wonderful. We talked to her after and she says she wants to be baptized and she is going to do everything possible to have it happen. I know she has a lot of struggles on that part of it because of the fact that her rent is basically paid by her parents that live there and they said they will not let her live there if she continues. So remember how you said you would put people in your prayers... PLEASE pray for Iginea. She needs it and she is one of a kind. She will be a super strong member and I know it. So can you do that please?
This week wasn't terribly bad, because the outcome still was good in the end. But this week we gotta work extra hard. We have a lot of opposition here from all the other churches that really don't like us. It's so funny to hear people say... my pastor said I can be baptized in any other church, just not with the Mormons. Now don't you think that is just a little strange??? The only one they can't be baptized in is the TRUE CHURCH. Yeah, it's interesting how they view things. There is just opposition in all things and I am getting used to it.
This week, I also started feeling a pain in my foot. I am getting an ingrown toenail. It sucks. On BOTH FEET. I walk a ton and it's just simply from walking a lot. haha. But I am fighting it and hopefully I won't have to ever go to the doctor for it!
So a really cool idea we got here that I think would be great. I don't know if I told you guys this already, but there is an idea for family night I would really like you all to do! It's simple and could be a lot of fun acting. So you know how you are in the most random situations with the most random people and an opportunity comes to talk about the gospel? Well one thing (I forget who but a quorum of the 70 member) he said to do is do a family night practicing how you would react in different situations. We always gotta be ready for chances to share the gospel plain and simple. We have lots of chances but you just gotta use them! So act them out, and let me know how it goes. I am kinda curious!
Thanks for all the letters. I got a LOT this week. It was wonderful. Well for the most part... haha. But I got a letter at the house really fast. You can just send all the letters and packages for now to the mission office because we only are 45 minutes out of Londrina. Not that bad at all. So people are always coming back and forth from there. Go ahead and send it to there please. I am really excited! Peanut butter is always a wonderful thing to have in the packages btw... I am half way gone with the one I have now. I love you family! And everyone else of course! Take care and smile lots!
Até Mais!
Elder Millett
And ps... To answer everyone's question... It's not true what they say about the toilets flushing the other way here. They actually flush straight down. Most of them don't even swirl. haha. Just thought I would answer that :)
