Monday, 16 July 2012
Eu Sou Brasileiro!
Yep... So everyone in my new area here thinks I am Brazilian! It is wonderful! So I don't get treated like a gringo here. haha. I love it. But honestly I wonder why the heck I get that all the time because I am not SUPER TAN but I am tan, and my Portuguese is that of a 6 year old... haha. But it's the compliment that made my day. And I was asked that by all the members in this ward too and everything. haha. It made me laugh. I am at 20 people and counting who thought I was Brazilian!
Anyways... I feel like I am in IDAHO HERE! Its so crazy. This is like straight up farm land, it's super windy and its super cold here. Its about 50 degrees everyday and gets so freezing at night. It's terrible waking up having to get out of bed because its so cold. So what I do; I walk around with my blanket all day. haha. It is wonderful.
So there is basically a mountain here we climb up everyday. I am not kidding. It is TERRIBLE to walk up but we do it everyday. I don't mind it too much when I have food in my stomach but I was fasting yesterday so it was rough to say the least.
Some stories of the week...
1. A kid came up to me and was like hey Elder! I want to learn some English! I just taught him this phrase... Hey how are you. Just simple. And he goes, no I want to learn a swear word. SO you know what I did? I gave him the worst swear word in the book to use! I told him... call your friends FOOT if you are really mad at someone. He now believes FOOT is a bad word. haha. Makes me think of Michelle how she would always say foot for some reason.
2. I haven't showered in 2 days now... our house is terrible. We don't have water right now and won't til tonight it sounds like. It's nasty. But it's all good! I am so excited for a shower tonight though!
3. It is really cold here. I LOVE IT! People always ask me why I don't have a sweater but I just tell them I am a Washingtonian and they look at me funny. But I have to explain it to them and let's just say... its a good convo starter! haha. It really is. I love it.
(Chris Brown-With you, the song, is playing right now and I am fighting SO HARD not to just start singing as loud as I can!)
4. A member here looked up my Facebook right in front of me and what the heck mom. What kind of a picture is that?! My profile pic... haha. They enjoyed seeing who I really was. haha. But it made me feel a little trunky in all honesty!
So this week all in all has been pretty interesting. I am working as hard as I can. Gotta work as hard as I can! Everyone told me before the mission that the harder I work the better looking my wife will be! And no this isn't my motive mom.... haha. But its just funny to think. I love it here in Brazil!
Até mais! Te-Amo!!!
Elder Millett