Monday, 9 July 2012

I have a camera again!

I painted a picture while I was sick. I felt like a child again... 

So awesome stuff this week. Well first... I am getting transferred to Apucarana which is North of here I am pretty sure. I don't know exactly. But I am really excited for a new area. This area is really dead right now.... I get to spend the rest of my Pday packing! No letter writing today for me.

This week was really good. Well sort of... The week started kinda slow then the 4th of July came around. The family we went to eat with was super awesome and they made everything American themed, for the 4th. It was fun. We even ate chili which they don't have here! It was super good. But let me tell you... that night was so hard to sleep. They had a championship game that night and fireworks were going off like crazy. So we sat outside for a little while to watch the pretty ones, but our neighbors kept shooting off just the loud ones. It was a really good night though. We also sang the star spangled banner like 1,000 times too. Even Elder Kozikas sang! It was really funny when he sang it. We have a video I will show you when I get home. Its super funny but too big of a file.

Anyways, the days after this sucked. 2 days after atleast. The 5th we got SHOTS! Yay! Swine flu is here and has killed a ton of people already. Not good. We got our shots for it and after I ended throwing up like crazy. It was not good. I was bed ridden for 2 days and didn't eat or move really. It sucked. I hate being that kind of sick. I liked sleeping though for a little bit longer but I hate it when I can't be out working. I felt like I was a waste of space that day... haha. But I had another missionary come stay with me that day. It was the worst and best thing ever. I got the awkward missionary... He DOESN'T talk... It was so awkward for a whole day hanging out with him. He just read the scriptures the whole time and I did for part, then when it got dark I took a mattress outside to just gaze at the stars for a good three hours until my comps got back. But let's just say, very awkward with people that don't speak!!!!

But Friday! We had a BAPTISM! It's always great when we have baptisms. It's such a bitter sweet feeling. All that work on that one person, then you gotta go out and find new people after that! The toughest part I would say... I don't have pics because she hates pictures she says. haha. We tried though!

Fun stories that you might like...

1. You know I love to talk in my sleep. Apparently I am back to speaking in English in my sleep. My Brazilian comp said this... which made me laugh really hard.
"Please Elder Millett, when you are sleeping, try to talk more in Portuguese because I can't understand you!"
It made me laugh so hard! He is awesome and I am sad to not have a Brazilian comp anymore. I really need that more in the mission!

2. I have a camera again! I can take and send more pics now! Finally!

3. Me and another elder found a thing called a Dazer in the apt of his. It is freakin cool. It basically puts out that high frequency noise that only dogs can hear and they just run away really fast. It was so much fun to try out and I think I would like one. Especially after being bit... that would be a fun package item! :)

4. I told my very first joke in Portuguese this week. It was pretty much amazing because people actually LAUGHED! I was so surprised. People actually are starting to understand me and I can understand people a little better when I don't need to listen to them as closely. It is nice. The headaches are going away. haha.

5. I alwayts get locked IN bathrooms. Here they normally don't have actual handles but they have a little lock on the inside. The problem is when I used this one, I shut the door a little too much and it wouldn't open after. The other problem was my comps couldn't hear me I guess, or just wanted to see me suffer. Either way it was funny. I couldn't open the door and 15 minutes later they are like, where is Elder Millett? The people there found it really funny and I did too.

So this week I got the best letters ever. From the youth of the Ward. Tell them thank you for me! One might have made me tear up a little, and even my comp read it and teared up. haha. But seriously, they were awesome. I am pretty sure Sister James organized it so be sure to tell her thank you too! I really enjoyed those letters! A lot! Even though I didn't know a few of them personally, they were wonderful!

SO it looks like the 4th was pretty much amazing! I am excited for not the next 4th, but the following to hopefully spend it with the family again! I love the fourth! Its always so much fun! Dantzel is SUPER FREAKIN CUTE! She is growing up so fast! She will be 3 when I am home too which is so weird to think about!

Well I gotta get to packing. Haven't started and have a lot to do and some laundry to finish up!
I am so excited for change! But I love the people I have met here, and for all the crazy experiences here in Centro Cívico! I miss you family! Write lots of letters! I will be only getting letters probably once a month now which is sad. No longer near the office.

Te-amo!!!
Elder Millett!
This is the path I hate walking because it means we are walking out to the country part of Londrina. Which is a LONG WALK! But I thought the path was cool!