Monday, 6 August 2012

ELA FOI BATIZADO!!!!

In the center of the city... it's huge!
Edinea foi batizado!


















Edinea got baptized this week! It was a super awesome week because she is just super awesome hands down! I literally am so happy and I had the chance to baptize her! I loved it. It was just a wonderful day. So basically gotta tell you how the week for her went down... So first she had told us how all these people were fighting her pretty much not to be baptized. The problems just started there. The boyfriend in particular. She told the boyfriend how things had to be now and he broke up with her. She literally said it didn’t bother her at all that he broke up with her, because she has what is important in life, and that’s God. I told her I had a pretty similar experience leaving everything at home and all too. She says every day, say hello to your family and let them know I will feed you if you are ever starving so they can know their kid is taken care of! haha. Then her family was saying bad things about the church and she literally just bore her testimony and her mom wants to come to church now. Her heart was softened drastically because she wouldn’t even talk to us. She even had friends talking bad about the church and she ended up losing a lot of those friends because she didn’t want that in her life she said. She was just GLOWING when she got baptized. She was so happy and this week went really good for her. I know for a fact she was prepared by our Heavenly Father to receive the gospel at this time. It’s just everything literally fit together and only fit because the lord put us in her path.

Bruno was also super happy and said just how much happier they are with the gospel. (her son) and every time he sees us runs up to us and says, “Thank you so much for baptizing my mom and helping her and I be so happy”. That kid bout made me cry! He is awesome and has some new friends in the church and loves it!

Anyways, besides that this week was crazy.... Here are some stories....
1. Plain and simple almost got bit 3 times by a dog. We were tracting and seriously none of the places there had gates so the dogs were just really territorial.... it was a close call. I might have hit a dog with a rock this week too.... but hey, who’s judging! (Everyone probably after reading this... haha)

2. We were out tracting in that area on Wednesday. We were talking to this lady who clearly wasn’t anywhere near Mormon and these two guys came around the corner. One of the guys had a big brick of some sort of drugs and the other one, loading a gun.... yeah that’s a red flag right? I said to Elder Halpin, after finishing talking to the lady, let’s get out of here. And he goes; “Elder we have more houses to knock here”. He had a freakin gun and was acting super sketchy. I did the normal thing anyone would have done and made Elder Halpin leave. haha. He thinks he is invincible....

3. I played an accordion for the first time in my life today. Bruno had it and I WANT ONE! haha. They are a lot of fun. I played “Come Thou Fount” and it was a lot of fun. Random pointless story, but was really fun.

4. We were walking along the road in this kinda ghetto area at night when this guy stopped us and was like hey! MORMONS! STOP! We were like awwhhh shoot.... we gunna die. haha. But he walks over and says this... Hey Elder Millett, can I use your shoulder real quick so I can adjust my sandals? I was like, what?  haha. It was so random. He then continued to talk to us and did a line of drugs in his hand right in front of me, then was like... anyone giving you troubles around here I can take care of? You are always welcome in my area. I run this area! It was super random! We just said thank you and now we basically see him daily... haha

5. These kids we had talked to the week before were out on the side of the road and called us over. (8 o clock at night) They were listening to music and all of it was American. Anyways, we got talking and the mom of them said to go sell this cocaine and they can use the money to buy candy. These kids were younger then Connor! It was like.... what the heck is going on here! The fact they are so open with it too is crazy. But it was great, we taught about the word of wisdom to them and told them never to use those drugs... then an Eminem song came on that I really liked. I rapped the entire thing for them joking and they thought it was the COOLEST thing ever and were just screaming. It’s just they can’t understand any of it so they thought it was so cool. We are now gonna go over and teach the local drug dealer this week. Probably the 4th drug dealer we have taught on the mission so far! haha. I wanna baptize one!

So this week was pretty good though all in all. I loved the end result of the week especially. Now we have a super strong member in the branch here and I really want to get this branch frequency up while I am here! It is so bad! It’s like 40 every week. My goal is 80 by the end of the month. And I will make it happen! It was 45 this week so we will see how next week goes!

I am loving it here and am so glad to hear from everyone at home. I love letters. I got Connors this week and loved it! Seriously letters from family are the best! I have grown a different love for my family now that I am away and I just love hearing from everyone. Everyone asks me if I miss my family and I just say... Nope, in all honesty they would rather have me here. And I know it is true. Without my family supporting me and friends I really don’t think I could do this. Thank you so much! I love you all and continue to send lots of letters!!! I love letters!

Até mais todo mundo! [So long everybody.]
Te-amo!

Elder Millett