Monday, 4 June 2012
Women Talk so Much!
So the title of this email is so true this week. We had over like 5 different women that we spoke with that seriously didn't let us talk and had a convo with us when they spoke for 45 minutes straight! Wow they talked our ears off. haha. It was funny though.
So first questions... I get about 100 dollars in US for a whole month to cover food, stuff for the apt, hair cuts, and just stuff for the mission in general. Its really not much but its enough.
When I flew to Brazil there were 3 people out of Seattle that flew with me, then we met up with over 20 elders and 5 sisters. It was basically only Mormons on that plane. Seriously though.... We sprawled out because it was huge plane and barely anyone on it.
And yes the weather is cooling down.... to about 85 daily. It's so humid right now though. It was 9 at night and we we sweating walking home last night. It was bad. But I love the rain here. Our power actually went out this week because it was raining so hard. And the thunder woke me up at night. But I didn't mind... until the next day when I was SOOOO tired....
Anyways, this week was pretty sweet. Our numbers sucked this week but our turnout was great at the end of this week. I have a new comp named Elder Delgadillo. He is from Cali-Sacramento area. He is pretty awesome and a lot more laid back with his teaching style. It's nice to be able to learn two different trainers teaching styles because it helps me pick out the good things of both. But I loved it... this week we pulled out the lists of members and went around visiting them. By next week we are going to visit all 350 of them. Over 250 inactive. I was so hapy to hear that he likes doing this because I hate missionaries that baptise when a person is knowingly not going to be firm in the church. But we are going around to try and invite people back to church. This week we got 5 inactives back. (including a family!) I was so excited. We only had 2 investigators but I loved to see those inactive back. It was awesome to see all in all. And we also had a fast this weekend (of course fast Sunday) to find more solid investigators. The lord blessed us like crazy though! We (after ending our fast) got 5 solid investigators that one will most likely be baptised this Sunday. Her husband though needs a little more attention though. It was crazy that we didn't know these people before, then after our fast... BAM! HAHA. But seriously, this mission is just growing my testimony more and more of the church and its trueness. (don't know if that's a word)
But I also got to be a charrasco chef this week. ha. The investigator that loves us so much (but can't yet be baptised) had us over for a HUGE dinner that night. It was so freakin good. We had so much food yet again and the food here is ten times better then the US... I gotta be honest. hah.
So I got asked this week to give a talk in church... lets just say I am freaking out. haha. But I can do it! I just gotta probably write down every word before I go up though. And I will probably just have a very long testimony... haa. It will be a comedy section in the middle of the sacrament meeting (is what one of the members said) ha. He speaks English so I couldn't give him a hard time about knowing English... haa.
So stories this week....
1. A guy we were talking with (who actually ended up teaching us because he talked so much) wanted to start a church with us. The name of the church would basically be... church against women. This guy was crazy but so much fun to listen too. hah. I love the people here and some of the crazy things they do.
2. I got called fat 2 times this week! The picture that I have in my thing of our family does make me a little chunky. But I also got called a stud (basically) because of that soccer picture you sent of me. I told the lady (65 some odd years old) she might just be a little to old for me... haha. But they said I have lost a lot of weight. I have lost about 5 kilos here already. Which is a lot but I work out every morning so I still do have muscle! So don't be saying I am just losing muscle! haha.
3. We took directions from a blind woman this week. She actually knew her way around too and it got us right to the place that we needed to go. It was crazy. I doubted it at first but she got us there. CRAZY! I was so amazed to be honest. hah.
This week was a really good one all in all. I love the new comp (he is literally crazy) which is why I love him. We are getting a lot done and I didn't have a single day this week I was upset or homesick. I just feel so good this week and all because of prayer. I feel so much better everyday when I say more meaningful prayers and it's just awesome. There is a lot going on at home too with all you have told me! Keep me updated! Sorry no pics this week btw because my camera is getting fixed. I found a guy who is doing it because he knows a guy in the ward for only 60 US dollars. So its pretty chill. But I probably won't have it til 2 weeks from now. I will try and borrow a camera for the week from a member because my comp doesn't even have a camera because he got robbed 2 times in his last area. Not on the streets though don't worry! They broke in and stole because that area is known for that. But I miss taking pictures... Anyways... Gotta get going! I love you all and take care!
Tchau tchau!
Elder Millett
PS... I need ideas from EVERYONE for ideas for activities. Ask everyone because this ward needs a good fun activity!
and PS... I haven't gotten letters in 3 weeks because they haven't been able to get them to me but they told me I have like over 30... I am so excited for tomorrow to get them! haha
Keep sending more!