![]() |
| Thought this would be fun! And yep, that's my senior companion ...and the district leader. |
I realized something that a mission really does to you... It's started to just make me numb to the bad things that happen in life. I find bad news all the time but start taking it less and less of hurt. I am pretty sure that is a huge part of the mission. haha. It just makes me laugh because my comp is very very numb to the things of the mission. He has had so many bad things happen to him while being here though which makes me sad. His sister even died while he was gone but he is still out here serving diligently. Its a huge example to me in all honesty. I also noticed another thing. I don't feel normal when I am not progressing. I have felt like I have progressed so much these past 3 months and it is crazy. I feel like I see the church at a whole new light now from when I left. I just don't feel normal when I am not progressing now. I am on a constant search to progress and that positively was not me when I was at home... I can already see the mission making me a different person, and I hope it makes me only better. I feel like I am also getting less and less homesick too. I am starting to feel that here is now my home. I love it here!
Well yesterday to end the week it ended really good. We had a miracle happen yesterday, in all honesty. We only had 3 people we could have come to church from when we invited them. It was a huge bummer with how much we worked and how much we had taught that week. We got to church and found out, 11 investigators were there! It was awesome! Pres Tavares was also there and he was so happy with everything. We also had the highest numbers this week in our zone too. I still feel like we could teach more though. We didn't even have a baptism either which was really sad. Our lunch also fell through yesterday and it was looking like we weren't going to eat. Sister Tavares had then after church invited us to the mission home to eat with them. The food is always so good there! I loved it! I was so excited because the food there is always wonderful and he is just inspiring to listen to. I felt re-pumped after that. But another cool thing that happened. We found an inactive family that isn't quite a whole fam I guess... the parents aren't members, but the parents don't really teach the kids much good it doesn't look like. It makes me very grateful to have the parents I have. But they are 17, 12, and 8. We got talking with the 17 year old and they all went to church this week and the week prior. He is wanting to serve a mission now and we go by here and there to see how they are doing and just help him with whatever they may need help with. He is an awesome guy, and those kids go crazy for Starbursts!
I go crazy for them too! haha. I got the package on Thursday you sent and it was AMAZING!!! It came fast too! It made my day so much better and we also ordered a pizza that night for Elder Delgadillos 1 year on the mission mark. He also when he gets home wants a Google shirt. He thinks they are so cool. Speaking of this... Connor's Google shirt is sweet! I want one of those with the droids on it! That's sweet! And if you do buy one of them, buy in xl because Google shirts I swear run small. haha. But anyways, the candy is loved and appreciated greatly! I gave some to all of the investigators and my mission pres even loves it. Dulce Americano!
I also got a TON of letters this week. I didn't even have enough time to read them in 2 hours I got so many. I am spending all pday today writing I am thinking and enjoying this rain that is falling. We also this past week rearranged our apt. It looks really good and we cleaned everything up including the tiles, and detailed the kitchen. We have inspections this next week sometime but I just wanted a clean house. And when I mean detailed cleaning, I mean cleaning with a q tip detailed. Elder Delgadillo went crazy with cleaning and spent 3 hours just on the stove, with qtips and all. It was so funny and made me laugh quite hard. The guy is crazy and I love him.
So fun story, we got our McDonalds on this week! I had to go to see how it was. It is ten times better then the US... I will be honest but a little more spendy. It was also funny because Brazilians were obviously making fun of us 2 Americans eating McDonalds. Us fattys... haha. I am pretty sure that's what they said. haha.
So last thing I wanna tell ya before I go. One, I have an hour on the computer every week. Thought I should answer that real fast. haha. But Cheio. I love the word! CHEIO! It means uncle. But this little girl kept calling me that and it means that they feel really close to you and respect you a lot. I have decided that instead of Dantzel, (and future nieces/nephews) gotta call me this. I would love that! haha. So please, start training Dantzel now! haha.
Well all in all, this week was wonderful! Got a lot done and have a lot to look forward to next week. 2 years is not a lot of time and time is flying by. I am gonna be home before I know it and it hits me like that every week thinking wow, there is a lot of time ahead of me, but the last 3 months I don't even remember! Well I do, but it went so fast I feel like I didn't even live it! haha. I love Brazil! Its wonderful! I haven't been this happy in a long time and my smile doesn't leave my face! (especially with Elder d being as crazy/funny as he is). haha. I love the mission! Take care and keep sending letters! I love to hear about life back at home!
Até Mais!
Elder Millett
