Monday, 28 May 2012


Oi! Tudo Bem?!
Everything is awesome here! Had a rough, and amazing week. A mix of both!

First, to start answering your questions. Today we are going out to go get a camera. We didnt have time last week but this week we are going out there and I am gonna get two things. I want to get a Brazil jersey for all my companions to sign. I think it would be a fun idea. And also I am gonna look and hopefully have a camera by the end of today!

My meals here... We either eat out, or eat at a members house. This week for dinners we always have rice and beans (which are a lot better then people make it sound out to be) and other stuf like lasguana (sp?) and other stuff. We even had potatos this week (which is not common) but the lady knows what an american washington boy (me) likes! haha. \And this week we went with an investegator to a churrasco out in the midle of the city. We were like, oh we could go to this place. But he insisted this place. It is called Limozini. It was SWEET! 40 bucks for food and they just keep bringing out meat galor! It was wonderful!!! I loved it. The meat was Delicious! I ate Lamb (which was my fav) and the heart of 3 different animals. It was good too! (surprisingly) But I ate so much I am pretty sure I broke... o palavra de sabedoria... or the word of wisdom. I like typing so much more in portuguese because spell check is for portuguese only here. Anyways... the food was BOMB! I love the food here. Not in the CTM though... ha.

So to start off... stories of the week.
1. We didnt play basketball afterall. We went to a park last week nearby where it was a wildlife preserve. We get there and no joke, over 100 monkeys randomly surounded us and just were jumping around in the trees and everything. It was no joke, awesome! I loved it. I got some pics but it doesnt do it justice. It was an awesome experience. We even got to witness a wrestling match 3 yards in front of us. It was crcazy. But it was awesome. That was a great time and getting to see the waterfall there. I hope while here I get to see the worlds largest waterfall in iguazu falls. That would be awesome.

2. I asked for water the other day... I got brown water. It was all they had and I dont know how people drink that stuff! It was nasty. haha. But I could drink it cuz we got filters yo! haha. It was funny though because when we left the house I dumped it out and got water elsewhere. haha.

3. Almost saw a lady get DECKED by a motorcycle. She was walking across the street when all of a sudden a motorcycle was coming down the road. Everyone tried to warn here but she was the one walking when it was red.... People these days... hah. But the m.c. came and the guy barely swerved out of the way.

Those are just yet again a few of all the good stories that are being formed here. Well this week has been really good. And really bad. The week started out good but then people started stop taking the lessons, people just wanted to bible bash, and we lost basically all of our investegators. We have been working with 2 girls and their dad though. The girls are 16 and 19 and it has got to the point where we are not going to go back because we think they only want us there for other reasons then the lessons. It happens all the time here just because we are american. But all in all, basically no investegators. But from one of the ladies we are teaching, Rosalina, her friend is now taking the lessons. GOLDEN investegator. She is awesome and has an awesome family. We hope that everything will turn out and work out. This week it also rained a lot, which I love! And walking around in it, turned to dancing in the rain. I loved it. haha. But it sucks because no one is out and no one wants to answer to us at the gate because when it rains, everyone sleeps. We tried our best though! It was fun though, and whenever someone asked me, you like the rain? I said YES!!!!!!!!!!! WIth this huge smile on my face. I told them all about the great rainy state of washington and they just look at me like I am crazy but it is great. The lightning is my favorite part. We were in church yesterday and the thunder was perfect timing... Right when Gustavos Wife was bearing her testimony, the biggest thunder you have ever heard hit. It made the moment that much more powerful. haa. But it literally shook the chapel.

But yesterday, just everything happening at home, and missing home, along with our little succes hit me. I just lost it when we got back home. No one came to church yesterday, we taught only two lessons (one of them though most interesting experience ever), and just had a rough day. But Elder Folland helped me out and helped me understand every missionary has that. I know that is true and I just want to get past it. After that convo we had I felt so much better. I might be homesick, but I remember why I am here. Just after we had this convo he got a phone call, and he is getting transfered this week. I am not even done being trained. But he is going to be a zone leader now in Sao Paulo. He is nervous but I know he will do awesome. But I get a new trainer this Thursday and have to know the entire area and get to sorta train my trainer. It is a weird feeling! But I am super excited to be able to have this opportunity to be challenged in other ways.

All in all, this week yet again, challenging yet amazing. I miss you all and love you so very much! I love the letters I am getting and trying my best to write back lots!

Te Amo!
Até mais!
-Elder Cameron Millett!